Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.0

241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was not as lengthy as expected. Similar questions were asked that are asked in any retail type interview, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to apply online; which was not a big deal. The interview itself was a group interview with only the manager and 7 other potential employees. It was a bit nerve racking!

Interview Questions

• They had us walk around the store and find an item that we liked. Then we all came back and told each other why we picked the item we chose.
      Then we had to look to convince the person next to us that they needed this item and how well it would look good in their home.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Elk Grove, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I turned in an application. I was called for an interview. The manager interviewed me and she was very friendly and easy going. They asked me the typical interview questions and she said she would call me back. She called me 2 days after and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pier 1?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Newburgh, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked a few questions like " how would you handle this situation?" " what is your previous experience in retail?" one thing that made me less nervous during the interview was the person who was interviewing me offered me a piece of paper to write on since i was so nervous i could barely speak from stutering.

Interview Questions

• "how would you handle this situation where a customer is getting upset?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Rockwall, TX).

Interview

I had received an email from the source Indeed.com from the store manager herself saying they are hiring and would like for me to apply. I applied and set up an interview righty away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your further goals? Availability? What sales/customer service experience do you have?

The second part of the interview I had to demonstrate customer service by acting a scenario and trying to sell a certain item.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply online and need the store number and about an hour to complete the online interview. It includes scenarios that you have to work through, and other questions. After that, you can be called in for either a group interview, or a single interview depending on how many applications are waiting. If you have very limited availability, you will probably not get called.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had a problem with mandatory weekends.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, in person interview, was very basic, went over the amount of hours available etc. Was a pretty simple interview, took about 20 minutes total. very relaxed. dress nicely, but no need for business clothing.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would sell a certain item in the store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday night, got a call Monday morning and my interview was the next day on Tuesday. I walked into the store, walked around until the Manager was able to interview me, it was a few minutes after our scheduled time, but they had gotten a very large shipment. The manager apologized about making me wait, even though it wasn't more than 5 minutes. The interview itself took about 30 minutes, it was a really easy and really relaxed interview! Just be yourself!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I applied and got a call back about 2-3 weeks after to schedule am interview. When I arrived for the interview, it was incredibly comfortable and informal. The hiring manager asked me a few questions and we just chatted like a normal conversation. I was offered the position on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was done at the store, was asked about 5-10 questions, and it lasted about 45 minutes. The manager and other employees at the store were very nice. I was called and hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were blown away by the customer service of a worker?   Answer Question