Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Then I was soon contacted and had a quick interview. I wasn't contacted again for a week. I was then called saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

You complete an application in the store, expect to have free time to sit there and do it. It's pretty easy, just standard retail application. Then if they think you're a possible candidate you get called in for an interview with the manager. My interview was a group one, there were 3 of us and we would be asked questions, take turns answering.

Interview Questions

• why would you make a good addition to our team?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

After applying online on their website, the store manager contacted me via phone to schedule one on one interview. Very friendly/polite manager, asked me general questions in her office/warehouse, then we went on the floor and we role -played. I was talking and selling the product to her. She played the client and asked questions about it to see how I interact with clients. The whole interview took about an hour. I was offered the job after the role-play.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What retail experience do you have? How did you deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

The interview process is a 30 minute, face to face interaction with the store manager or assistant manager. The questions are based around customer service and behavioral situations. You are required to describe real life experiences, how you handled the situation, and the outcome. A short role play is conducted so you can get an idea of what the company exPierence standards are and how they expect you to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer. What happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

They were desperately looking for people because everyone quits...

It was a group interview.
    With myself and 2 others.
    She just asked what our availability was and if we had customer service expierence.
    I got the job with no expiernce what so ever. This is My first time working in retail.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service expiernce   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Although the application process was a bit lengthy (like 2 hours at most), it was fairly easy. I got called a week later and the manager asked me a few questions over the phone and then asked me to come in for an interview. I went in, dressed nicely, and was interviewed one on one with the manager. However, after working there for a while I noticed they often do group interviews as well. My interview was about 30 minutes and was asked basic and situational questions. They also ask you if you are okay with promoting their credit line. Which you will do a lot of if you are hired. We shook hands and was told to expect a call within a few days. I got a call about two hours after the interview and was offered a job. We then scheduled out training days. There was no drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with promoting our credit line?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview I have had. It was a group interview: me and two other people. The interviewer had us walk around the store and pick out a favorite item. We then had to "sell" the item to her. After that, we were asked about our employment history and questions based on our previous experience. The manger was really nice and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Falls Church, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. You have to take a series of tests, that are fairly easy. I got a call from the manager about 3 weeks after I applied. We set up the interview and got hired on the spot. The interview was actually kind of a joke. It was very easy and probably didn't take more than 15 minutes. I accepted the offer and started my training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Went in and filled out the application at the store. Was called the following day for an interview, came in that next day for the interview. This was my first job so I had no experience. I was told to base everything off of my educational experience. They asked the normal interview questi After the interview view I received a call the next day and started that next week.

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called on the phone and we chatted for about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on the phone. I was asked to come in the next day to complete paperwork and if I could start immediately. I came in, completed paperwork, met with the manager, got my password to their website and an overview of the way things worked. I was asked to set up about 12 hours for initial training which was web based, but only on their computers.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer