Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.0

249 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

My interview process was fairly simple. I showed up 5 minutes before the interview was supposed to start, waited until the manager was ready and went in for the interview. Didn't take too long and was hired on the spot. Manager offered me a not so appealing wage and had to pretend I had another offer to get the measly few dollars I earn now, but it was an easy interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you inform yourself about our merchandise?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Interview was held by the store manager in a group setting within the store you applied to. All questions that are asked are in the form of role playing. They want you to display how you interact with customers.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Toledo, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within 2 days. Came in the next day and had an interview with the Store Manager. It was a basic interview that talked about my availability and previous work experience. All the questions I was asked were role-play scenario questions. The interview took around 45 minutes and I was hired on the spot and started 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a long line of impatient customers during the holiday season?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in September 2015.

Interview

The supervisor was so nice on the phone and in person. Interview was done in a group which was new to me and made me very nervous, but the other two interviewees were also very nice. Then, the manager of that particular store came in to interview and seemed like he would rather be anywhere else. He would ask questions very boredly and when you gave an answer he would just say "kay" like those texts we hate to receive from people lol. Otherwise it was a pretty good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Jonesboro, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

Sat down with the manager and hired the same day. Very easy questions. Very casual setting. Not stressful at all. Started training the next day. Interview was no problem at all.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and relieved a call from the manager about an hour later to set up an interview. It was scheduled two days later with an assistant manager. They got back to me about five days after the interview saying I got the job. I have retail experience so they are paying 8.25 an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this artwork to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time about a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had a good shopping experience. How will you provide our customers with a good shopping experience?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond with helping a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was very nervous about the whole thing, but I turned out to be any easy interview. They asked the basic questions, like tell little about your self, your work experience, give presonal testimonies, senarios role play. They ask to give your strength and weakness, and also how can you improve on both categories. If you be yourself and remain calm you'll do just fine. And I got hired in on the spot right after.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can help Pier 1 become a better company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and was asked for an interview within two weeks. After that, I came in and had a short, 15-minute interview and was hired later in the week. It was an easy process and did not take long. The manager was accommodating and understanding.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very low-key. I appreciated that. The Store Manager met with me and while she asked some standard interview questions, the rest of the interview seemed more down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled an irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Then I was soon contacted and had a quick interview. I wasn't contacted again for a week. I was then called saying I was hired.