Pier 1 Imports Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Capitola, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I first expressed interest in the position to the store manager. He then gave me a copy of the job description to go over and make sure I was still interested. After I confirmed my interest he set aside a time when I wasn't working to go over some of his concerns about previous comments I had made about taking on more responsibility. After I assured him I was ready for the challenge and serious about making a change he set up an interview with the district manager. I was given a day and time to have that interview. My interview ended up being a phone interview, in his office with the door closed and only me in the room. The district manager that interviewed me was the previous store manager that actually interviewed and hired me originally. She got her promotion the same day I started my sales associate position there so she never worked with me. She interviewed me for about 45 minutes and then told me she had to talk to the store manager and that he would get back to me within a certain amount of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Leader Interview

Interview

Applied online and in store. The process took about 2 weeks. They called and set up an interview at a different location for a couple days later. The interview was super easy, you just have to be really positive and outgoing. Smile a lot. Was offered job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Alexandria, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a simple interview. The store manager is an incredibly nice person and she clearly knows what she's doing! Had a 1:1 interview first, she asked quite a few questions about customer service and skills I learned in my past jobs. This was my first retail position, but I had quite a bit of customer service experience so it was fairly simple for me. If you don't have retail experience, it's important to stress your customer service and/or hospitality skills. After the interview, i was told I would be received a call from the district manager. The DM asked me a few more of the same questions I had been asked earlier, i could really tell they wanted to be thorough. Be ready to talk about specific experiences you've had in your previous jobs. Other than that I think it was more important to them that you're a friendly, outgoing person who is reliable!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Johnson City, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Assistant Store Manager, very thorough. After interview, was taken onto sales floor to sell table set complete wit plates, napkins, glass wear, etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in retail and how that fits into this position at Pier 1?   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I was interviewed once over the phone by the regional manager and then interviewed again in person by the store manager as well as the regional manager. I enjoyed the in person interview, both women were personable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would I prioritize a situation? (phone ringing,customer freaking out in line,etc.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Mays Landing, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I noticed they were hiring on Indeed.com. I went in and offered my resume to the manager. Received a call back, and interviewed. She then asked me to officially apply online, and once I did that I would do second interview. Went in for second interview. Both interviews I felt very comfortable at. Scripted interview questions, and both interviews were the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to motivate your team to increase productivity/sales?   1 Answer
    • Others were basically customer service oriented; Tell me a time when....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

After the online application, I went through a two-part interviewing process. My first interview was with the store manager and my second was with the Regional Manager. After completing my initial interview with the store manager (in store), I was told that I would need to go through another interview with the Regional Manager before she could offer me the job. I knew the Regional Manager was a tough cookie so I went into the second interview (via phone) pretty nervous. The Regional Manager was surprisingly comforting and made me feel at ease which allowed me to keep a level head.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time (in your past job experiences or personal life) where you had to overcome an unhappy individual.   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer
    • How would you inspire your associates to keep focused and enthusiastic?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you witnessed an employee engaging in counterproductive job behaviors?   1 Answer

Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in May 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager and then an interview with the regional manager. They asked standard questions. I had to talk about specific examples where I employed different techniques essential to being an effective manager. I got a call less than a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you coached in the moment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Lake Forest, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

She went over the position and all the duties. I applied for ASM and that position was already filled. She told me about the Sales Leader position and I decided part time was better for me anyways.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and how you would fit for the Sales Leader position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Palm Desert, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Indeed.com. This included a lengthy Q&A assessment. I was contacted initially by phone for one in-person interview with the store manger. A few days later there was onne telephone interview with the district manager. I was offered the position a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical retail questions "Give an example of excellent customer service" "Give an example of overcoming obstacles" "Proudest achievement in management" etc   Answer Question