Pier 1 Imports Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Getting hired on as a seasonal position is fairly easy as most stores will hire on at least 5-10 people. They ask basic questions such as, Tell me about yourself or why do you want to work for pier 1.

Interview Questions

• She asked if i read the job description, and what part of it I think i'd most enjoy doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Brandon, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal sales associate position and was called about 2-3 days later. They asked me to come to a group interview and I accepted. The interview was very relaxed. Once you arrive, they have you look around the store until everyone arrives. In my situation, the assistant store manager gathered us into the outdoor seating section and had the interview in the middle of the store! Once all the questions were done, he asked us to come back the next day for a role-playing session with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question was how you would deal with an dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I applied online and filled out my information and then completed an online assessment. The assessment asked questions about how I would react in certain situations at the store or what the best way would be to handle customers. After a week, I was called to set up a the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical basic interviews one has while applying for any job. Talk about yourself, qualities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Lawrence, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was not hard and pretty casual. The manager and assistant manager asked us questions as a group then took us around to different sections of the store. We went over things in her book and she showed us how to sell an object and then wanted each of us to give an example of how we would do it.

Interview Questions

• Using the items in this display show how you would plan a Thanksgiving party   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Macomb, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

It was 2 weeks before Christmas and it was a group interview. Questions revolved around customer service, using open-ended questions with customers, and selling the Pier 1 credit card. We were asked how we would handle dissatisfied customers and any internal conflicts. The company also uses on call shifts.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to demo how to sell a product and then add on to the sale.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in October 2009.

Interview

It really wasnt an interview. It was more of a quick meeting with the Store Manager so he could size me up, make fun of my British accent and inform me that seasonal means temporary. Well of course seasonal means temporary, I am educated. Forgive me for having an accent, its simply how and where I grew up. The best part was when he said he expected seasonal associates to be just as customer service saavy as the other associates. Well, if that means that the customers do not get greeted, are not offered any assistance, and mostly ignored (as his associates do), then I can easily do that job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know seasonal means temporary?   1 Answer