Pier 1 Imports Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pier 1 Imports

1 Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Overall it was a good interview experience. However if they are not interested in you then you can expect to hear absolutely nothing back from your phone calls and emails.

First was a phone screen with HR. Very pleasant and straight forward. Next was a video chat with a dev manager for a coding exercise. Nothing too complicated...just make sure you understand TDD and data structures. Third was 3 separate interviews in person on a scheduled day. During this, the first interview was a panel with 2 managers and a principal engineer. It was a pleasant experience that took place in their Pier 1 devoted scrum room. It was very relaxing. More like hanging out in your Pier 1 decorated living room on the couch and discussing your resume and tech questions.

Note: be prepared for extensive questions about your resume. Also study up on sql stuff if your rusty on it.

The last 2 interviews were with directors. Nothing out of the ordinary really...with the exception that one wanted me to white board the architecture of the existing applications I work on...they did that in the panel interview as well. Since I am acting senior dev/architect in my current role this was not an issue for me.

Interview Questions

• Create a stack using no predefined Collections of any kind.   1 Answer
  • Draw on the whiteboard one area of the your current architecture that you are not happy with and what you would do to change it   1 Answer
  • What are some of the things you like about your Nginx reverse proxy?   Answer Question
  • Various sql questions. Careful -you need to have DBA like qualifications for this part...study carefully.   Answer Question