Pier 1 Imports Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pier 1 Imports Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Issaquah, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by regional, human resources and territory managers over the time span of a week. They were all very pleasant and I felt I blended well with their culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Multiple phone interviews and face to face interviews with a Regional Manager, HR Manager and Zone VP. Back ground check was needed at the time of hire in some states. It seems to be the normal process for some positions .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I hate to fight to get a decent wage. I can't believe they still have salaried managers.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in November 2015.

Interview

Brief, the seem desperate to hire. District Manager was very relaxed and mostly talked at me the whole time, like he was selling the job to me. The store we were in was very cluttered and you could see the employees don't have a lot of relaxing space for their breaks.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty much what you would expect for retail management. Mostly situational questions. I had two face to face and one phone interview. Then one more interview after that. So three regionals nd a manager

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Basic retail interview with a strong focus on customer service. Really looking for a candidate to be a stand out for talent acquisition, development, and retention.

Negotiation

little room for negotiation in salary.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Mobile, AL) in April 2011.

Interview

Easy and quick only two interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you hold your team accountable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Gilbert, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Great process. Professional. Several interviews at various levels. Always called bak when promised. Interviews conducted over the phone with only the final one in person.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult feedback you had to give? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotions needed.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Be prepared to be very specific with your answers, i.e.: instances, names, volumes, outcomes, etc.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They tell you what they can do and don't budge much

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in August 2011.

Interview

I found out there was a position open on Monster. I applied on line. I waited aproximately 3 or 4 days with no response. I called my local Pier 1, and asked for the DM's phone #, and called her. She was glad to hear form me, said I was on her list to call today. We talked shortly and scheduled a phone interview the next day. I then had a 1 on 1 interview in the store. Everything was looking really positive, but they ended up going with someone else.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in June 2009.

Interview

Very thorough and detailed interview. Always prompt with call-backs. Extremely descriptive about the job and the company. Very enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to receive difficult feedback.   Answer Question