Piercing Pagoda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Piercing Pagoda

2.0

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Irving, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Series of back and forth interviews over a few months for a position based on "if they liked you" well enough for their division. Once hired, you realize that you're literally reporting to a "flying monkey" from the Wizard Of Oz. "The Wizard" in the corner office isn't informed by management well enough to make a solid business decision on her own. Scratching their head...

Interview Questions

• We deal with multiple personalities throughout the month, varying by week, in this division. How well can you adapt to that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate to a certain point but this particular division was the "poorest" of the company. A Sign On Bonus was given but kept my laughter to myself!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was originally interviewed by the district manager. She was half an hour late to the interview. She asked me the usual type of interview questions. I then interviewed with the store manager and was asked many of the same questions from the first interview. The process was very easy. They then make you take an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at piercing pagoda?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda in October 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who already worked there. I was interviewed by the store manager in person on location and then was given a code to take an online personality test. I was then interviewed by the regional manager in person about a week later. She repeatedly asked me if I had any criminal history which was insulting after the second inquiry. I believe they are having an issue with this seeing as they ask you three times.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all general interview questions. very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you are firm with your starting rate. They pay everyone different here so make sure you stick to what you want to start at. they will try to get you to start at as little as possible.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

The interview process is very basic. Generally consisting of about 10-12 questions largely focusing on sales and sales experience. Associates genuinely interested in employment should focus on their sales achievements, best customer service stories, and ability to sell. Be honest.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult co-worker? How did you handle the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

On your application you may enter a rate of pay you would like, but for the most part, the company will offer you whatever is standard for the position at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Carbondale, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received call to take online assessment 2 weeks later. Called back 3 days after assessment to set up interview. Interviewed next day and was told to await call from DM for second interview. Phone interview and then in person interview 3 days after that. I was told at interview with DM must do assessment for SM position (unsure why) received call back from DM with job offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult customer and how you handled them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was referred by the store manager who told me to do the online assestment which was pretty simple took about 20 minutes , then I interviewed with the DM in person and we conversed via phone a couple days after then I received an offer so it took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took initiative at your work place about something you didnt like or felt it would help the store positively?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was negotiable, Know your worth!

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Sterling Heights, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very laid back depending on which store you're interviewing with because each Manager has their own interview style. Having retail experience is a plus and people skills are a must,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was a negative incident and work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I do remember I had to sale a pen. They asked me to sale a pen to them. It was different but I was able to do so. I interviewed the manager in August. Then another manager in September, then the DM at the end of September. I didn’t start until October. I don’t know why it took so long.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

You submit a paper application and then the manager called me in for an interview. The interview was very informal and I flt comfortable. She basically asked me the basics Tell me about yourself, What are your strengths and weaknesses, Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker, are you comfortable piercing ears. . . ect. Then about a week later I was scheduled a phone interview with the district manager, it was more conversational than an interview but she did probe to see how long I wanted to be employed they want longevity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to meet the deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just called me after two weeks and said I had the job and what they were paying me.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Super easy one on one interview
    Ask basic interview questions
    What motivates you
    Are you a team player
    Bla bla bla nothing to be scared of you'll love the job if you get it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations