Pillar Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pillar Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts.

Interview

They didn't ask me too much questions. No phone screen either. They told me what job is like, and showed me the property during the interview. I had an interview even before I applied online. After I applied, there was no response.

Interview Questions

• If I know Starwood properties. How familiar with the policy?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Started out over the phone with HR and then on property interview with the General Manager. Very smooth process. Heard back within days to start the next process. Very well organized.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your week?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts.

Interview

It's a little long but very engaging. Starts off with a review of qualifications, then a brief introduction of the company, then we spent some time just getting to know each other and feeling out personality. I did a phone screening first then interviewed at the hotel with the General Manager.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I was asked to do a phone interview with the recruiter first. Then I had a phone interview with the DOS. From there I was asked to interview in person with AGM. After which, I interviewed with the GM on property.

Application

Interview

they call on the phone and chatted for a bit. It was a basic interview. Then they set you up for a face to face interview. One or two face to face interviews; hiring manager plus one other employee to cover check and balances.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy hiring process. Phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with GM, in person interview with Regional Manager, and an extensive questionare regarding leadership/management. Many emails were exchanged to fill out online forms for hiring process. Very easy process overall. The only downside was the fake enthusiam from the GM and RM about how wonderful the company is to work for. It could have been a more satisfying career if all the positivity discussed was truly within this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you turned an unsatisfied guest into a satisfied guest.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied, recruiter calls and interviews, RDO interview, Background Check, and Job offer. Very friendly, and accommodating to schedule interview. Very informative about the position and the timeframe of the process.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Flint, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

It was pretty good and nerveracking but i got the Job. They asked me a couple of questions dealing with Housekeeping. I graduated BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management in the Philippines. I shared to them my experience when i was doing a On the Job training and they were pretty impress about it.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Midwest City, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

3 different interviews. Quick process. Met with upper management and discussed job descrption, met with GM, went through personality test - which is so silly and they should get rid of all together, had background check, received offer. Started about 1 week later. 2 weeks of training.

Van Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Arlington, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Hotel was still being built. Julie, the manager, was precise and to the point. Told me that day that I was hired if I passed back ground and drugs. After leaving, I came in and was told Kane Kennedy was interviewing for a Van Driver. We visited and I think we had instant report. we discussed pay and I told him I would not work for $9.00. I left and the desk lady (Mary) insisted I take it that he was stubborn and would not budge. I went back and took his offer. I have been very happy that I did. (I still want another $1.00)

Negotiation

Hired me for $10.00 an hour. I left for a while and Kane Kennedy would only pay me $9.00. I tried to get more because of previous experience but he would not budge.