Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman

Staff Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very disjointed. It required numerous interview rounds (many on-site) with as few as one interviewer per round. It was very inefficient and seemed disrespectful of the interviewees time. Interviews were very conversational, which didn't really add much value to either side. I didn't think the firm represented itself well in trying to impress me as the candidate. Many interviewers failed to show up, and those that did were not prepared at all.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any specific challenging questions asked. It was a very conversational process through every round.   Answer Question

Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (McLean, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Video conferencing with Human resources that went for about an hour. The HR team asked mostly behavioral questions and how you behaved in different/difficult situations at work, what you learned and stuff like that. After successful round with HR you are invited on site for in person interviews with 5-6 partners.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your work, why you want to leave your current firm and why pillsbury   1 Answer

Trademark Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later to set up an on-site interview. Interview lasted about an hour, with a senior paralegal, a first year associate and an attorney filtering in and out for 1:1 interviews. The atmosphere was comfortable and the people in the office were very friendly.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First, there was a screening interview with the director of hiring. Then there were callback interviews with 4 attorneys. Thereafter, there was a reception with associates. The offer occurred during a phone call, two days later.

Intern Interview

Interview

Great culture, really enjoyed meeting everyone

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (Nashville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

I received two telephone interviews for an opening at the Global Operations Center in Nashville. I had worked with a coach and was well-prepared for the questions. I was duly qualified for the job. It wasn't just my opinion; that same coach, also a recruiter, said if she were placing me she'd feel very upbeat about my chances. The response? Silence. I did not even receive the courtesy of a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Truly, I expected them all. Nothing surprised me because I'd worked so hard to prepare. They asked all the standard questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in July 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an actual phone interview call within 2 days. The personal and immediate response was excellant. An in person interview was then scheduled over the phone for early in the following week. Received an email confirmation of interview that afternoon. Interview took about an hour. Overall very plesant expereince but not challenging. I was told by the interviewer that if offered, follow up interviews would take place in 3 weeks.

Then it went downhill. Upon arriving home (yes that day) from my interview I received a letter from the firm thanking me for my resume and that they could not extend the offer of an interview. I found this odd especially since I had passed the phone interview and had just returned from my one-on-one meeting. Since this letter was postmarked 2 days before my scheduled interview I chalked it up to an office error and awaited contact.

And waited...After 4 weeks I followed up via email to see if I was being considered for a follow up interview. Have received no response even though the interviewer invited me to reach out to her with any quesiotns, etc.. Am still waiting to hear. Although I was initially very impressed they dropped the ball. Organizations should advise interviewed candidates ( not ignore them) of their status....position offered or not.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in June 2010.

Interview

The job description was informative, but not detailed enough. The interview process was smooth. The feedback was quick and helpful.