Pilot Flying J Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pilot Flying J Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2017

2.3

Coffee Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Easy and laid back . Applied then got a phone call for an interview a few days later . After i got the call i went in for the interview got asked one or two questions . No drug test either

Interview Questions

• All she asked was why do i want to work here and she loved my personality and wanted to hire me .   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Evansville, IN).

Interview

I was interviewed by an assistant manager. He was attentive and interested in the answers to my question. His main concern was if I had experience handling money and how I interacted with customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service or handling money?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

The process is broken. I was pursued by the corporate recruiter and we had very consistent communication. I interviewed with the Regional Manager. At the interview I was told that I would love to the next step and to "clear my schedule" for the upcoming week to do a walkthrough with the Travel Center General Manager.
    In less than 90 minutes I called the recruiter to follow up and was told that they went with another candidate.
    Really? That's not what I was told about an hour ago. Very bad taste an unprofessional.
    I have no problem with another candidate being selected. I do, however, have a problem with being told something in direct contradiction and being mislead on purpose. You could have said "I have another candidate I'm interested in and we'll be in touch". You could have said "We're not interested". You could have said "I'll keep you in mind for the future". Anything beside "clear your schedule" knowing that you have another candidate you were leaning so strongly toward that you could make your decision in less an hour and a half.
    By the way, when I tried to call for feedback on my interview to help with my job search, that "great communication" went from daily calls to not responding at all (not even by email).

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with analyzing financial reports? What was your previous performance over LY?   Answer Question

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Ripon, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

At the end of Interview #1, I was introduced to some employees in various departments to shadow them on the floor as if I was hired already. I was offered the job at the end of interview #1 and was emailed a link to fill out another online application that was rejected by a big time mgr. After calling the store mgr to ask what had happened, we ended up scheduling interview #2 (dated a week later) the same day as Interview #1. My visitation time with my son AND interview #2 conflicted so I requested a reschedule date. No luck. Did not get a response on that matter but was questioned further about my resume and why I have had so many different jobs ranging in 4 different states. Did not make interview #2. I attended a job fair a week or 2 later and nailed interview #3. I was guaranteed a call back within 72 hours and sure enough, they called with my hire date and orientation time.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the job duties and store responsibilities in/at my last management position?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Corvallis, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hr long interview with the current regional manager. Then I scheduled a tour of a facility and an second interview with the local manager. Interviews went smoothly and most of the questions asked were common ones. Was heavily focused on past work experience as opposed to cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel your greatest accomplishment is? Why?   1 Answer

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews trying to discover personality and fit with trying to fit in their culture. there was a phone interview, in person interview, then a questionnaire that hit the usual personalities tests, finally a interview with the divisional manager and final step is going to Headquarters to interview with owners.

Interview Questions

• How do I drive a culture and what are the steps I do to establish this   1 Answer

Pilot Flying J Response

May 11, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to hire candidates who are the most qualified and the best fit for their teams. We take extra care to not rush the interview process and to evaluate all... More

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked a few questions and then the hours I could work. Then I was asked when I could start. Unusual. They didn't call references. They didn't have a screening of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crossville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Crossville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Well I had a guy contact me did a phone interview then he set me up with another Gm for a face to face interview. I then later found out that the guy on the phone was just a recruiter whom at the time I thought was the district. So I did the interview with the senior Gm who assured me that with my experience and the answers I gave during interview I was as good as hired he then sent out the restaurant Gm who did a brief interview with me and thought I was great she later walked me around the store a talked me through there way of things I was already familiar with the Restaurant because I was a Gm at one of the same restaurant for 10 years in another state (experience) then later the senior Gm came back out after I waited by my self for over 30 min I was already there for going on 4 hours in which I was hungry so I paid for me something to eat. He then later come out and ask me certain times I could meet with his boss in which I would have to drive over a hour away.. I was sure I was going to be Hired and we already discussed pay ect.. so next day I drove that long way had interview with 2 more people who also acted like they was to hire me talked about me going to another state for 8 week training in which they will pay for everything i agreed I would go then after all that long process the other guy came out said I'm sorry would you like me to pay for your gas I said no then he said here is my card I'll call in a week to let you know if we want to proceed with you or with out you. Lol I knew what that meant.. my experience for job interviewed for? Over 15 years great recommendations so go figure..

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate at a whim to another state or country?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Napoleon, OH).

Interview

Called by a recruiter for phone interview, then interviewed by store manager and regional manager. Extremely unprofessional recruiter put me on hold numerous times, store manager kept answering his walkie and yelling at his employees.

Interview Questions

• If you can handle the nasty jobs you will be required to do.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Manager was straight to the point with his questions and expectations. Friendly and informative. I was called to set up time for a interview, scheduled for next day, had interview and was hired for overnight shift.

Interview Questions

• Hey do you want to work for us?   1 Answer