Pilot Flying J Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pilot Flying J Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.3

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

The process lasted about a week. First, there was a brief phone interview and a follow up by the company recruiter. This was followed by 2 face to face interviews on site and eventually a job offer by phone.

Retail Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Byron, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Byron, GA).

Interview

The first manager I worked for was an outstanding manager. He was very professional and very likeable which made for an easy feel atmosphere... The second was fabulous as well. He had to transfer to a different location. The 3rd Manager showed favoritism which made a very uncomfortable atmosphere.. Unfairness wasn't even the word for his actions!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi tasking   1 Answer

Travel Center GM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Recruiter phone call first, but getting that set up is almost impossible. Recruiter asks for the next 10 days of your availability...then a few days later they getold back to you saying none of it works, then you give another 10 days availability. A few days later a date is set (5 days out).

A very long conversation proceeds on phone interview, a REALLY long assessment (2+ hrs), which some crazy questions, another shorter phone conversation, then you wait to get a job preview. You do job preview with an oddball GM & very personable AGM & their grumpy looking staff in the store part. (AGM was much better than GM). Then you wait for feedback. Get feedback at phone conversation, then you wait, wait, wait to get set up for a meeting with Regional guys.

This is a LONGGGGG process. (3/4 weeks). Come to find out you MUST be willing to move to ANYWHERE, I mean anywhere. Example? Some BFE place in Nebraska. I was asked where I'd move to during the ph. part and I NEVER said anywhere, especially not Nebraska! BE AWARE if you are NOT relocatable to random, out of the way towns, then you will NOT be hired. I was told by one of the regional guys that basically since I limited myself to certain states I wouldnt be hired....not in those words, but that is what is implied, also that certain states are "rewards" for performing GM's to move to. That pretty much ended the interview. (I live in a "reward" state, why would I trade that for Nebraska?!?!)

Pilot wouldn't be a bad place to work, but the recruiters MUST disclose that the desire & ability must be that you ARE willing to move to some random town in either Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, etc. This will save them AND the candidate a lot of time .time. I feel deceived & that my precious time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Food cost challlenges. Staff motivation. Growing people. Basic interview questions anyone with experience can answer.   Answer Question

Account Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter, took a very intense 1.5 hour personality and assessment test, about a week later got an in person interview with the hiring manager, then an interview with the VP in Knoxville.

Interview Questions

• not many questions, he asked me if I had heard about the fraud   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview is mostly them selling you on Pilot Travel Centers. I was only asked a few basic questions about my previous experience. Barely any "what would you do in "x" situation" questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous management experience   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Southaven, MS).

Interview

They were very professional, asked a lot of personal questions. Was not honest about how much work you would really be doing and how understaffed the store is. Was not told that Pilot does not believe in having enough people working the over-night shift, and that if you work that shift you must do all the work of 5 people and still wait on customers. They wanted you to be honest and they did nothing but lie. (this was made clear once I started working there)

Interview Questions

• Can you be available 24/7 to be on call when needed.   1 Answer
    • Asked if I knew anyone that worked for pilot or flying J.?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a week. Came in to be interviewed, give background check, and then got hired on the spot. Very simple interview questions which mainly consisted of how the store works.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by two in person interviews. In person interviews were with management and staff and finally the CIO. Interviews all lasted around an hour each.No more words to add because this thing really wants me to make sure I have at least 50 words.

Interview Questions

• Give 3 boxes with a crank, one box will produce white marbles, the other blue, the other blue or white. How many cranks do you need to determine which boxes have which set of marbles.   1 Answer

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J in June 2016.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, did a "realistic Job" shadow, hiring manager talked about job and even talked about salary as if I was going to get hired, then I never heard from them again, they dont answer emails, or phone calls, don't waste your time applying for them.

Interview Questions

• there was really no questions, they just want to hear about your background   Answer Question

Store General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The person focused first on why I wanted to make a company change, empathized, and then went on to explain what the company had to offer and asked if I had any questions at the end. I found the entire process to be both pleasant and professional. The person conducting the interview was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• What is my current salary.   1 Answer