Pima County (Arizona) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

3.7

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview panel consisted of four members. There were a set number of questions in which I had 15 minutes to review in the hallway before the interview started. The interview was set for 45 minutes. The panel was professional and engaged in the process.

IT - Applications Developer - Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

step 1: Basic computer knowledge test with paper and pencil. That is fair.
    step 2: A panel of 4 people will "Listen" to your answers of 9 questions from the cards on the desk. The questions are the same for all candidates. Note, they just “listen” and not ask you for any explanation. It’s your duty to tell them when you are done, and then you move to the next questions. Most questions are concepts and terminologies, which are similar to the questions in step 1. You do not need much work experience to answer most them. The interviewers will give you a score based on your answer. They really act like intelligent robots here. Pima county makes the whole recruiting process so mechanical as they are worrying about too much that someone will sue them for the fairness in recruiting process. No, they don’t really pay much attention to your background and experience even for a senior position.

Interview Questions

• Basic concepts and terms, like PL/SQL   1 Answer

Health Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) (Tucson, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Very strict process. Multiple people on panel and all interview questions are the same to everyone. Rated based on answers compared to others. Presentation required. Testing required for knowledge. Background check also required.

Interview Questions

• How approach situations? Attitude about staff and client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Data/Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) (Tucson, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Filled out County application. Received email from the dept with time/date. Was led in by an EEOC rep who explained process. Sat in front of 3 beefy but handsome guys with the title of the dept written in giant letters behind them; they advised me to relax but I couldn't.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience doing statistical analysis and writing reports (it wasn't unexpected; it was difficult because it's been awhile). The questions were very broad and there was no give-and-take. They asked; I answered. It was very unnatural   Answer Question

County Attorney Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) (Tucson, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Application process consisted of a skills test in basic office skills. Was called for an interview before a panel that asked set questions to all candidates. The questions asked for specific experience in the field.
    I felt that a decision had already been made and the was interview tailored to the pre-selected candidate. Other candidates were only interviewed to meet legal requierments.

Interview Questions

• What is your specific experience with the legal software from company A, company B, and company C.   1 Answer

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) (Tucson, AZ) in September 2008.

Interview

H.R. reviews every app to see if you make the minimum qualifications, and you won't get past that process to speak with the dept. you will interview with unless you know someone important (or has decided they want you). Usually a group of at least three people ask you questions, and all panel members will score your answers. An H.R. rep. watches the process they say for equitable treatment of applicants. When all applicants are seen the scores for each are totaled, and if there is a clear winner that person will be contacted by H.R. later with an offer of employment. The panel members are not necessarily people you will be working with or for, but generally at least one of them will be your possible future boss or co-worker.

Interview Questions

• A technical question was asked that I had little knowledge of, but I guessed and guessed right.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay rate is posted to applicants in advance; good luck getting more than the base offer. You can ask, but 3% is probably the best you will obtain, if that! The County does not pay well. People used to say you worked for the County for the pension, health benefits, and generous time off. However, none of those are as good as they used to be.