Pinellas County School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2018

2.8

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I walked in and was interviewed by both the assistant and principle. I walked into the school with my resume and asked for a position. The principle met with me right away.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a child who has repeatedly been told to so disrupting class?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Clearwater, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Walked in got the job... LITERALLY! So here is what actually happened given the lack of a interview. I was told caseloads were 15- 22, I consistently had 26+. I quit during the summer and was begged to returned because "Next school year would be different! We got rid of the person that was causing the most issues." I was expected to teach ESE kids in classrooms during other teachers' lunch and planning while they were in the class CLEAR and VOCAL about their objection to me being there (and of course how "DUMB" the kids were) . I though I knew how to write an IEP, but I wrote and rewrote IEPs to the point where I had to encrypt things that might help me keep my teaching license, should someone who actually knew what they were doing looked at them (yes it was that serious).

Basically all the stuff that could have rightly been said at the interview would have been illegal. How do you explain that; teachers you may be working with will degrade you, the aides and the kids. We have a revolving door because of it. No one will collaborate with you to complete legal documents for kids with your name attached, saying you are doing things that you are absolutely not. We have; jail time, drug abuse and spear chucking jokes directed at you for your entertainment. Finally, we will need you to pick up a disabled staff member off the floor several times because we won't provide them a proper chair. Good luck, one more thing, come later and sign up for a useless school function a get a BUCKET OF FRIED CHICKEN!!! (DEAD SERIOUS) This might explain why there was no note worthy interview.

It may be beneficial to research the State of Florida in general if you are new to the field. The issues in Pinellas (the 7th largest school district in FL) were representative of the entire State. Hillsborough, Miami-Dade, West Palm, Orange and Duval all have virtual non-existent Special Education programs, inherit racial issues, countless stories of inappropriate teacher student relationships etc. After research, it was necessary for me to leave the State to find a respectable teaching job.

Interview Questions

• Well it basically translated to "How big of a fool are you?"   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Clearwater, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

I had to take a few tests, have my background checked out, then talked to someone about the job. Very simple questions where asked about my experience and how I got into the field.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Clearwater, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I placed an application with the county and sent resumes directly to schools I was interested in a position. I also needed to apply for a teaching certification with the state of Florida. They had a reciprocal agreement with Texas for most requirements, but I needed to take both the subject area and professional exams.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Pinellas Park, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

A department or grade level team plus administrator asks six or so questions round robin style. One about why you think you are a good candidate. Two about behavior or classroom management. Two about content delivery of a specific subject or standard. One about team work. Plus time for candidate questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of behavior management system do you use?   1 Answer

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

There is usually a panel of staff members that interview you at the school after you pass the initial interview at the school board with the HR department. They perform a background check and drug test prior to giving you your badge. At the school, as I said, there is a panel to include the Principal, Assistant Principal, 1-2 Teachers and one other front office staff member. They each take turns asking you a series of questions. Each time you change schools you must go through the new panel of staff members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at (school name)?,   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically tell you what you are going to make....no room for negotiations.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Palm Harbor, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Team or panel interview with two administrators and three current teachers. I was asked to describe myself and what I had done, what my greatest accomplishments were and how I managed behavior. I was asked why I was leaving my current school and what I was hoping to find here.

Interview Questions

• Describe your classroom and how it functioned.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Teachers are assigned to a pay scale.

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Largo, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview by team

Interview Questions

• hat would you do if a stuent missed the bus   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Clearwater, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

There was none. I simply completed the online application and they called and told me to show up for the one day training. The application was quite involved and you have to provide recent references. They were very flexible in terms of when I could attend the training session. They offer them on a routine basis.

Interview Questions

• You have to pass a background check, drug screening and fingerprinting. You also have to be certified to teach to qualify for the one day training. If you are not certified you can still qualify to sub but you have to still pass the background checks and you have a longer training process (2-3 days depending on your level of education).   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pinellas County School District (Largo, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

reasonably quick process

Interview Questions

• Do you believe all children can learn   1 Answer

Negotiation

none