Pinnacle Airlines Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

After extensive networking, I was able to secure a phone interview. The interview was thorough and direct. We covered the essentials of weather, including the 1,2,3 rule and the phases of a thunderstorm. The interview then focused on my ability to interact with others in a stressful environment and some of my personal background.

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

After posting a resume' online and making a phone call (after some online research) I got a call after just less than a week later I got a call back and they did an over the phone interview. The interview consisted of wx questions, alternate airport minimas, and what would you do if a flight crew reported an emergency. What was your most stressful moment and how did you handle it type questions.

Interview Questions

• HR questions are always a toughy and they asked me 2 or 3 of these.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pinnacle is under a TWU contract so there is no negotiation

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was called and asked if I wanted to interview. I went to the interview, watched a presentation, took a test that is basically the ATP plus emphasis on operations regarding high altitudes and critical wings, and had a few personal interviews with HR and Union Reps.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple questions on flying and other situations. One common one was, "What would you do if after an overnight at an out station, you smell alcohol on the breath of your Captain as you are getting into the hotel van to go to the airport?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. All pay and work rules are defined in our union contract.

Emergency Response Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was easy and laid back, general questions covering my back ground.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone screen with the hiring manager. My interview consisted of two panels, one with the hiring manager and HR manager and the other with two senior analysts. The panel consisted of basic behavioral questions (tell me about a time when....) and was very casual and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped improve a process and what was the outcome/   Answer Question

Records Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

I met with a company vice president. They were actively looking for someone with experience in records and fortunately I had several years of experience and understood what they were looking for in a records administrator. After my one on one interview, I was offered the position quickly as their need was immediate.

Interview Questions

• The primary questions they asked were regarding airline records and FAA experience. This company requires a lot of interactions with government officials so ease and comfort with the government is a must.   Answer Question

Pilot - First Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

Purely a Human resources interview - they are looking for personalities - they can train you to the skill-level they want you.
    Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a Manager and a Leader.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take this offer or else...

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

It was like a cattle call for a part in a movie. You had to have a valid passport or you could not get into the interview. There were 200-300 applicants. You went in as groups and had to get in front of everyone so the panel could see how you were in front of strangers. They cut the field in half and moved on to role play. They cut in half and then you tested. They cut again and then you had 1:1. They left you hanging for a few weeks and then called you if you made it to the class for FA training. The class is 4 weeks straight. You have lots of tests. If you make below 80, you immediately retest and have to make 90. If not, your cut. My graduation class lost 60% of the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to be a flight attendant? Read announcement cards. Role play and One on Ones.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none. It is union.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in July 2010.

Interview

You start with a group setting where they give a detailed information session. After a short break you come back in and everyone has to go up and introduce themselves to the group. After this you go to lunch and return to see if your name is listed for an interview. If so, you return at the specified time for a 1-1 interview. The star method is used in this interview. Simple experience questions. If you pass they give you an offer at the end of this interview.

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

Called for the first interview...not too bad. Technical interview, HR and then hired. Once hired, had to go for 6 weeks of training. Sims broke down frequently and training was poorly carried out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations...take the pay or go elsewhere