Pinnacle Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.5

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Saint Charles, MO).

Interview

Had the first interview with HR. It was easy, quick, and pleasant...Had the second interview with supervisors of the department, also quick and pleasant. All interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• difficult situations, difficult employees, best leadership skills   Answer Question

Learning and Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment.

Interview

The culture audition was silly to me. They asked a bunch of questions that had absolutely nothing to do with the ability to do the job. Besides that, it was a group interview so they asked barely any questions so they could have time to let everyone answer. I was asked a total of 4 questions. It appears they are trying to figure out everyone's personalities. However, the questions and amount of time spent discussing would not help determine that either. It was just silly and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick someone for an imaginary friend, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The initial interview screening started with a telephone call. The screener wanted to ensure that I knew the position was a mandatory relocation to northern and confirm my salary minimum.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate for a $50,000 a year salary?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

They were doing multiple interviews that day so we all waited in a room until someone came to get you. The first step was a prescreening by an HR representative, and a talent recruiter. They basically went over your resumé to ask you what you did at each job, and reason for leaving. Then after that it was a group "interview" that was mainly just to gauge our personalities, and see if you fit with their workplace culture.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled for a panel interview which was described almost like a casting call for the Ladies and Gents of L'auberge. I actually ended up interviewing one-on-one with a hiring manager unaffiliated with the department I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the namesake of the casino?   1 Answer
    • Name a situation where you didn't get along with a superior or co-worker and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    • How many hours are you looking for   Answer Question
    • Would you be interested in working in any department here   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Henderson, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

HR interview and in-person interview. Everybody was very professional and easy to talk to. That was the best interview process I have ever gone through. I regret not accepting the offer they made me.

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. The company is looking for people that have the right personality and can fit in their culture.   Answer Question

I decided to accept another offer. However, I regret not accepting.

Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Saint Charles, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

cultural interview/ group interview. We sat around and talked in a group. They asked a few questions after interviewing each other. We told some information about ourselves. Also gave information about who we are and what our hobbies and interests are. I talked about college and why I was applying for this job.

Interview Questions

• throw a ball that has random questions -Who would you have dinner with if you could choose anyone dead or alive? Why?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Bossier City, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

First telephone interview was with HR to ensure I meet some basic project management skillets. Second telephone interview was with corporate IT and they checked to see if I met some of the qualifications in the job advertisement. Third Interview was in person with the GM of the casino and the members of the team over a 3 hour period. Overall the process has been interesting and not to difficult.

Interview Questions

• How will you adjust from military style management to civilian management? How would you handle being in charge of someone who applied for the position but did not make it? What is your management style?   Answer Question

Strategic Planning & Analysis Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment in January 2016.

Interview

Received a phone interview by the hiring manager for the position. Questions were standard...Walk me through your resume, tell me about a tough situation, why Pinnacle. I then asked if there was anything about my qualifications that I could clear up and he said that I was lacking formal management experience (people reporting to me, conducting performance reviews). He said it was not a deal breaker because it was the next step up in my career and I just needed a company to give me a chance. He then told me he would be in contact in a few days to figure out if I was going to fly out for a face to face interview or just a Skype interview. So I felt pretty good about the interview. A few days go by and I hear nothing. I then reached out to the recruiter and she told me that they wanted me to talk to another manager. I of course agreed and was excited to do the 2nd round. When I spoke to the manager, she tells me that they decided to offer the position I applied for to someone else. And she was calling me about a position on her team. The position was a junior position. To cut a long story short...it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Talk about a hard situation and how you dealt with it.
      Why do you want to work for Pinnacle?
      Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinnacle Entertainment (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with various people. Selected for a site visit where I met with lots of different Management over 2 days. It was a very busy visit, but they treated me like royalty and everything was on the house. Got a great sample of the culture and the product they offer.

Interview Questions

• Examples of working with different types of groups.   1 Answer