Pioneer Natural Resources Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pioneer Natural Resources Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

Interview

The interview felt extremely rushed. There was HR man and a young engineer. The questions would have been simply about my resume but the HR man kept getting side tracked and would talk to the engineer about unrelated topics while I sat and watched. I was asked a question about my work experience but the man began talking to the engineer about something else again. He then tried wrapping up the interview before I could even answer the question. Not very professional at all.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have any as the interviewers were simply having a conversation in front of me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pioneer Natural Resources

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Lubbock, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Received through campus recruiting. Interview was very laid back, mostly based on resume. No technical questions were asked. If possible, attend an info session to learn more about the company. Make sure you know why you would want to work for them. Received an offer two days after my interview. Very pleased with the process, my contacts were very approachable and provided quick responses to all of my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try. Outstanding salary & relocation bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Irving, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Recommend going to an info session. Very friendly, but to the point. No technical questions because they pre-select based on qualifications I presume. They want to know what you do outside of academics. Also, make sure you can explain everything on the resume. Another question: would the previous internship hire you back? They also wanted to know what questions you have for them, then they wrap it up.

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of academics?   1 Answer
    • What are you good at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources (Lubbock, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Requested an interview through the university engineering website. Interview was about 30-40 minutes. There was a young engineer and an HR rep. Both had very poor interviewing skills, were awkward, and I found many of their questions off-putting. I felt that it had gone poorly so I was surprised to get an offer 3 days later. My company contact was the engineer who interviewed me, he was very difficult to reach. I was given only 2 weeks to accept the offer, which was very unfair since it was far before any other company was going to follow up after my interviews.

The only thing attractive about the company after the unappealing recruiting process was the prospective pay ($28/hr), which can only be beat by the major oil companies.

Interview Questions

• If you want to work for an oil company, then why don't you get a minor in petroleum engineering? (I was berated on this topic for far too long)   1 Answer

There was nothing to like about the company after the recruiting process. A better offer came along.