Piper Jaffray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Piper Jaffray Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

First round phone interview with a current Piper associate. Mix of standard behavioral questions and questions about background and resume. Nothing too technical. Asked for a stock pitch, but it was very high-level and was not probed too deeply.

Interview Questions

• In this environment, how would you justify working at an investment bank?   Answer Question

Career Exploration Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview, wait a month for a response. HR will email you letting you know when the interview is and then you get on the phone for about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. I had an on-campus interview with two VPs. They had mostly technical questions like accounting and modeling. Then, a couple weeks later, I went to their office in MN for a super day. There were 8 back-to-back interviews with a range of analysts, COO, HR, VPs and EDs. There was one round of technicals, the rest were get to know you. I heard back within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the 3 accounting statements when you buy a piece of equipment for $100,000 and it depreciates straight line over 10 years?   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

series of phone networking calls followed by connecting me with the head of recruiting. Once I was connected with her I filled out my application and was invited for an interview.

Interview Questions

• what are some stocks you are trading in your personal account   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Smooth interview process. A short on campus interview. Only behavioral questions and very conversational. Interviewer gave his background and asked a few simple questions. Never heard back from them after the interview about next steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, people were very nice but final phone call with women wasnt as personal as calls with people that actually worked there and she didnt engage in our conversation

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were in a group and one person wasnt helping or pulling their part? What did you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

You start with a phone interview. If you make it past that round you move onto in person interviews. My interview was around 4 hours long; I met with various bankers in the department and had an analytical portion as well. All of the bankers were very friendly and easy to talk to and the analytical portion was basic finance questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects with changing expectations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

Applied online, got an email back about 4-5 weeks later contacting me to figure out a time for a phone screen/interview. Overall very casual interview for about 30 minutes, obviously really nothing technical.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I conducted a screening interview with HR over the phone, then was brought in for two in-person interviews. The first was with a couple of people from the legal department. The next was a half day interview, where I met people from various departments, including HR. Overall, the interviews were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Piper?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?
      Answer Question

Merchant Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

One phone call followed by an in-person interview. Spoke with every member of the team for the in-person interview. Fairly laid back and straight forward questions. Mostly fit-based and less technical questions than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• One case question, including financial statements. Basic, high level financial statement analysis.   Answer Question