Piper Jaffray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and did not hear back to interview for a month. I had a phone interview and was invited to have a second interview about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness?
      What you are looking for (in regards to the company/job)?
      Walk me through your background?
      What was your GPA?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Straight forward and friendly tone. Hiring manager was great. Questions were aimed towards personal and resume answers. Awkward phone call with multiple people with pauses but overall was a good experience.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

First round phone interview with a current Piper associate. Mix of standard behavioral questions and questions about background and resume. Nothing too technical. Asked for a stock pitch, but it was very high-level and was not probed too deeply.

Interview Questions

• In this environment, how would you justify working at an investment bank?   1 Answer

Career Exploration Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview, wait a month for a response. HR will email you letting you know when the interview is and then you get on the phone for about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Mostly informational about the program and what Piper Jaffray has to offer. It was definitely a behavior interview, there were no technical questions and it followed a flow of a conversation.

Interview Questions

Interview

Standard process. Had a phone interview with HR for 10 minutes and got invited to come in for the super day. Super day was 8 back-to-back interviews with one 5 minute break conducted by MD's, VP's, COO, HR. I came from a liberal arts college, so certain interviewers really pressed the technicals. Heard back in the car before I made it back to school from the office.

Interview Questions

• Work your way through the financial statements to get to unlevered free cash flows. Calculate a return on equity for a hypothetical company.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. I had an on-campus interview with two VPs. They had mostly technical questions like accounting and modeling. Then, a couple weeks later, I went to their office in MN for a super day. There were 8 back-to-back interviews with a range of analysts, COO, HR, VPs and EDs. There was one round of technicals, the rest were get to know you. I heard back within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the 3 accounting statements when you buy a piece of equipment for $100,000 and it depreciates straight line over 10 years?   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

series of phone networking calls followed by connecting me with the head of recruiting. Once I was connected with her I filled out my application and was invited for an interview.

Interview Questions

• what are some stocks you are trading in your personal account   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Smooth interview process. A short on campus interview. Only behavioral questions and very conversational. Interviewer gave his background and asked a few simple questions. Never heard back from them after the interview about next steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, people were very nice but final phone call with women wasnt as personal as calls with people that actually worked there and she didnt engage in our conversation

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were in a group and one person wasnt helping or pulling their part? What did you do?   Answer Question