Piper Jaffray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Piper Jaffray Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray.

Interview

Applied online, got an email back about 4-5 weeks later contacting me to figure out a time for a phone screen/interview. Overall very casual interview for about 30 minutes, obviously really nothing technical.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I conducted a screening interview with HR over the phone, then was brought in for two in-person interviews. The first was with a couple of people from the legal department. The next was a half day interview, where I met people from various departments, including HR. Overall, the interviews were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Piper?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?
      Answer Question

Merchant Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

One phone call followed by an in-person interview. Spoke with every member of the team for the in-person interview. Fairly laid back and straight forward questions. Mostly fit-based and less technical questions than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• One case question, including financial statements. Basic, high level financial statement analysis.   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed on campus with the firm. Very laid back interview that was more conversational than anything else (what do you like to do for fun, why are you interested in our firm, etc.). No technical questions at all. Felt more like they were just getting to know me as a guy who they'd want to work with 100+ hours per week. Definitely helps if you do your research on them before the interview, this helped me out a lot.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview. It was all personal and fit questions. There is a four hour super day in Minneapolis following the first round phone screening that I am currently preparing for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Smooth. HR made the process enjoyable. Great Super day experience. Everyone was friendly and made me feel at ease. Overall a great group of people. The EA's support one another which is very important to me. They work as a team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I attended the New York office and met with people in various groups and had informal interviews After having a phone interview I received a phone call inviting me to the Super Day in San Francisco. Typically the analysts and associates were the ones that asked the more challenging technical questions. Once you meet with higher up people it is mainly just behavioral questions. I had 6 interviews with 12 different people. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. I didn't receive an offer and I asked for more specific reasons. They were unable to give me specific reasons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with head of M&A on campus. He talked about Piper Jaffray and the position in detail. We discussed my ambitions and why I thought Piper would be a fit. Also spent time discussing past internships and investment banking in general. Discussed coursework and the quantitative rigor of past classes and internships. Then was asked technical questions ranging from CAPM, to WACC, to valuation methodology. Accounting concepts were discussed. Also typical scenario of having one financial statement available, which one would you choose to value the company. (CF) Overall enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with using P/E in comparing companies? What would be an alternate comparable?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with both EA's and management. Everyone was friendly and made me feel at ease. Overall a great group of people. The EA's support one another which is very important to me. They work as a team.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, mostly. They were definitely looking for someone who would care about the role and the people being supported.   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Jaffray (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Basically a generic phone interview then on campus interview at the location. The call was 30 minutes while the on campus was an hour long. The whole process was very smooth, however they do ask you to be alright with a low wage before they continue the interview process.