PitchBook Financial Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PitchBook Financial Writer Interview Questions

2.5

Financial Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

The entire process took a week from the submission of my resume to signing an offer. The on-site interview was extremely long. I interviewed with 5 different people, including the CEO, and took the Caliper, which takes forever. I got a parking ticket because my meter expired and I didn't want to leave the interview to add time to it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I refused to provide my salary history because the startup I worked for before this job had no money and sometimes paid me in trade/food vouchers, or "forgot" to pay me altogether. I also had random/odd jobs during grad school, which didn't pay well, but I didn't think that should be an indication of what I'm worth. The recruiter (who is no longer with the company) didn't like that, but I held my ground. I was able to negotiate my salary to about 15% higher than what they initially offered.

Other Interview Reviews for PitchBook

Financial Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and was then called in for an in person interview. I met with a handful of people, some of which seemed quite junior and some more senior. Each asked me similar questions. Overall it seemed quite disorganized compared to other companies I interviewed for.

Interview Questions