Pitney Bowes Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Engineering Manager

Create your profile to get personalized information

Pitney Bowes Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Pitney Bowes

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)).

Interview

There was a telephonic interview and after that they asked to come for 1:1. They scheduled and cancelled it 3 times with a time span of almost 3 weeks. It was extremely frustrating and time waste. On the day non cancelled 1:1, I made to wait and again told that interviewers are not available and only one round is possible. They did one round for about an hour though and told me to wait at reception. After a while receptionist told me to leave for the day. Later came to know my profile is not shortlisted for further rounds. I didn't understand why have they kept HR? What they wanted was also not clear.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pitney Bowes

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was a telephonic discussion with the HR. This was followed by a technical round telephonic call from Director -Technology. Focussed on fundamentals and design approach. No followup after the telephonic rounds. Kept me wondering what went wrong. Would be good if a prompt response is given with a brief of what didn't work out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Feedback consistent with a lot of the reviews shared on this forum. In fact, the experience seems eerily similar to one other engineering manager interview feedback posted earlier. I had read that review earlier but still was hopeful my experience would be different. Alas, it turned out to be similar. It was indeed a waste of my time and energy.

I had initial telephonic rounds from folks in the US. General discussion and decent conversation. Nothing out of the ordinary or striking was asked and I explained some of the detail project work and architecture work i had done through my career. The interviewers liked and i had a general good rapport with the person on the other side. I had a good feel at the end of the interview and seemed to have been reciprocated.

I was working through an intermediary consultant and so followed up with them for the next stage. I had an onsite interview - at the time when i was visiting Noida for my personal need. The onsite interview was arranged and I met 2 directors who did ask some strategic questions. One director gave me some puzzles and a coding exercise. I attempted the same. The interview was then over - i wasn't exactly sure how i did on the puzzles part etc - but the HR informed me immediately that the feedback was positive and they will definitely be following up. this lifted my spirits once again.

It was then all downhill from here. Now, the HR rounds were engaged and as noted in this forum - now is when things started going downhill. First, the HR rounds were arranged at times when it is not convenient for the interviewee. Then the HR would keep you waiting and not show up and then call out of schedule for 10 minutes. Anyways, a decent conversation follows and HR asks behavioural questions. I make sure to answer and ensure that i demonstrate leadership, ownership etc.

I am informed next that i will need to meet their MD and will be asked to travel. Things seem to be working and should have closure soon. I am asked to travel out of city - a full day- to meet the MD.
    When i reach the office, I am instead made to meet another director who has just been briefed about my background, the position etc (in front of me). I once again have a good discussion. this is not a technical discussion or people management discussion either. The interviewer informs me that there will be another round - but i have to wait since there is a townhall in progress.

I wait for 2 hours alone and finally step out of the cabin to get some tea. Then the HR director sees me walking and asks an admin to inform me that the interview is Over!! What? I was supposed to meet the MD. The discussion i just had went as well as any other interview and i don't see no reason for a failing mistake and the interview is over??

What a waste of a day of travel to meet someone for 30 minutes and have nothing in the discussion which would make me think i blew it. get a follow up email next Monday that based on feedback, i am not suitable.

I have given enough interviews to believe i know when i flunked an interview or not. I believe i am graceful to accept when i either did not have a good interview or when I am not sure of the responses. But this one was a shocker of an experience. I still cannot understand what happened. I would have accepted it if they would have said we ran out of budget or the position is on hold or you are much experienced or some other rational explanation with a polite - you were a good fit but we can't close it and let's keep talking for some other role - given all the positive vibes and travelling they made me do. Abruptly ending it in the most un-professional of all manners is simply unacceptable and leaves a very bad taste for their HR and its policies.

As many would say, in the end - i am glad i got rejected if this was anything of a preview on how they treat their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pathetic. First telephonic interview in which the interviewer didn't turn up. Later they apologized and scheduled another. After telephonic there was Skype interview. Both went well. Then they scheduled 2 times Skype interviews in which interviewer didn't turn up. By this time I had good understanding that the company is nothing but a crap. They apologized and called me to noida office. I went. The first guy was more about telling me about himself. I guess nobody had for long given him any attention of what he do. Next talk was with hiring director it went well. He even confirmed with me the date on which I'll be joining.. Later there was another talk with HR. The HR was pathetic.. 10mins talk but all the while she was playing with her mobile.. I was cool and calm.. After that they told me that next interview would be with HR head next week. I came back.. Then I got a note that I need to write one test. They sent me username and password for online test.. The login didn't work..i wrote to them.. To my surprise they sent me admin username and password using which I wrote my test.. How stupid is for them to send the admin password.. Anyway.. Later my consultant told me that all is clear and they will schedule a meeting with their MD.. After 2 weeks around I came to know from my job consultant that they are now going for someone else.. Totally stupid co. And their process.. I will not suggest anyone to work for them.. In their noida office their sr. Directors are sitting in so cramped places.. Developers are sharing cubicles and no personal space.. My own personal office is much bigger than their directors office.. I was anyway not willing to join them but sharing my experience.. Pathetic co. And typical UP bhaiya co.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to resume   1 Answer