Pitney Bowes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

3 month process, several phone interviews, video submission, company underbid salary cap for location role is held, met with several executives and hiring manager and other employee. This role interview process was very long only to lead to no positive income, but frustrating at times. Felt it was jumping through hoops for a role that was not that detailed in what was required.

RTM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with Corporate H.R. and was asked to overview my resume, which she was looking at. They wanted more USPS experience, but if was not listed in the job description. I asked about this and she dismissed it like an incompetent H.R. Rep would do. I suspect the hiring manage must have raised hell with the lack of USPS experience he was seeing on the incoming resumes, and H.R. was scrambling at the last minute.

Logistics Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with HR over phone. It went very well. I was told I would receive a call back in a few days after my information was passed to the hiring manager. I was called the next day and was asked to go in for a short notice interview. It was extremely inconvenient, but I was able to move things around to go. The interview has absolutely no structure. It was, talk about what we do, random question. Talk more about what we do, talk about random things, and then random question. After all was said and done, I left. The hiring manager gave me his business card and advised I would be receiving a call back from HR within a week. A week passes and nothing. I reach out to HR to say thanks and ask if the position had been filled, and no response at all. it was handled unprofessionally to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into Logistics?

What was your typical day at your last job?
      Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Several interviews - one through phone, one on skype and one face to face, all took about 2-3 months. Everyone was helpfull but I think one interview should be enough. The most important for them was former expierience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

Tough. Involved multiple separate interviews with different people, many who did not have involvement with the position. Ideas for the direction of the position were requested, which I provided as a 12 month plan in great detail. This was well received. I was told this was just what they were seeking. Through subsequent interviews, the hiring manager was more and more encouraged with the ideas and direction I presented. The last interview took on an entirely different tone. Turns out, a higher up had a different person in mind all along, and the position responsibilities and duties were changed at that time so only that person qualified.

Interview Questions

• Ideas on how to promote and market our new service.   1 Answer

Pre/Post Sales Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews; the first one was a basic/general interview, followed by an intense technical interview and lastly a situational/behavioral interview. They then presented me with a Case Plan to review. I was asked to create and provide a presentation showing my approach of tackling this case as Pre/Post Sales Business Analyst. After I submitted the presentation, they invited to an in-person interview at their satellite office in Atlanta that was primarily giving a presentation 2 two managers. All feedback was positive; however a week later, received a courteous, scripted rejection letter from a general HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Review business case that combined information management and logistics as is process; with obvious and some not too obvious challenges.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 5+ weeks the 1st stage was a phone screening with the recruiter then a getting to know meeting with the hiring manager after that was a technical interview then an interview with the hiring manager and another manager. The last interview felt like a sales rep interview the hiring manager went into this pitch saying that you will be client facing about 80% of the time but on the job description it said 30%, then he started talking about here at Pitney Bowes our BA are not like a regular BA then he started talking about sales you would have to go to the client an basically try to keep the customer by introducing them to new products which is sales and you would have to do alot of paper work they didn't ask any questions about business analysis and i really felt like they wasted 5 weeks of my time. When HR is screening applications please make sure that the candidate is qualified for the position because the job that was posted is not want i thought it would be clearly its a sales rep position and i am not a sales rep. Also when the hiring manager call me for a meet and greet he should had determine then that i didn't have a sales background and the interview process shouldn't had went no further.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the client if the price of the product change and what would you say to keep the client if they don't agree on the new price. This is in a client facing environment.   1 Answer

Pre Sales Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Not much to describe, a corporate recruiter contacted me and indicated that the local recruiter and hiring manager would be connecting with me. That was 30 days ago,.........nothing but crickets. No disqualification, no 2nd interview, no e-mails,.........nothing

Interview Questions

• Andrea Mirabelli and I went through all of my background and history, she said that I was flagged for a person of interest,.......and then nothing   1 Answer

Pitney Bowes Response

Oct 7, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Strategy Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pitney Bowes. We apologize if our communication was not thorough on this specific opening. Our candidate experience is important to us. We have made some ... More

Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews over a weeks time. Both lasted about an hour each. I met at their hub in Atlanta off Glenridge, no office staff there, just a satellite office with all the equipment there.
     They did not press me on past jobs or grill me about tenure or responsibilities. They were most concerned that I had Salesforce.com experience which I did. They talked a lot about the company and some of the issues of a big corporate company. Did not paint an inviting picture. Even if they have 75% of the market share and are offering base salaries from $55k to $65k it might be an unpleasant place to work.
    They promised me a decision or call back in 2-3 days but of course blew me off and did not respond but in 10 days with only the "we are still interviewing".
    Finally after following up with them each week I was rejected with "we have decided to move in a different direction." What does that mean? I began to dislike them almost immediately because of the way I was ignored. If you are not interested, fine but don't make me wait 4 weeks to find out.
    It paints a very grim picture to me of how they do business if you are going to treat their interviewees with so little respect.
    I cannot recall any specific questions, they talked a lot about themselves. Does that tell you anything?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about cold calling, how you manage a pipeline? How do you use Salesforce?   Answer Question

Tranpsortation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Corona, CA).

Interview

Resume and application submitted online. I received a call from recruiter requesting a date and time for phone interview with the recruiter. I interviewed with the recruiter for approximately 30 minutes via phone. The recruiter contacted me requesting an interview at the site with hiring manager, operations manager and regional operations manager. I attended the on site interview with the above mentioned personnel. The interview included a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question. " What do you think of authority?" I have never been asked this question in an interview before. I am either naïve or I have never questioned authority before   2 Answers