Pitney Bowes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Darmstadt (Germany)).

Interview

The intro to the sales organization how it is and where they wanna go was from the beginning very buzzy described and spongy, especially when talking about the business apart of key accounts.
    When trying to understand how exactly the internal sales teams' territories and goals are interwoven with each other in order to understand the success factor and product scope might lead to compensation accorded to the to be assigned role, the sales area leader pictured a non-explaining structure- but this was exactly the point, the compensation wasn't for the whole portfolio and the territory (??). The only component which was clearly excluded was Location Intelligence.
    When asked for key sucess drivers with Customer Engagement (bunch of single tools) at existing local customers or new wins, there was no clear answer on the pitch, but existing "historic" key accounts where repeated mainly. Finally, I wanted to know the relevance of the flagship tool "Interactive Video" (which is nice, no question) as I still didn"t understand the proven entry point for a prospect to purchase neccessarely any product mix then to realize a type of Customer Engagement suite (which overlaps regularly somehow with components of existing core systems from other vendors) - again no answer explains a strategy. Btw, selling such suites is neccessary to hit quota.
    The guy left the room for approx. 15min in order to let me watch the marketing video (!?) at youtube. When he came back, we've been finished soon with the interview...

Summary: Employer, it would be great if you appreciate concrete questions from candidates and their motivation to qualify the job very well as they have to carry a quota and need to be experts in qualification of prospects in daily business as well. If you want a CO-WORK, please be prepared to answer basic questions concretely as well and don't expect dumb jerks as interview partner. If you cant explain the USP within three sentences and how often you've been able to position sweet spots of your shop to install any CE suite...

Interview Questions

• Experiences with complex sales and wins at big enterprises, verticals, go to market in details, motivation for the job. Nothing unusual. The meeting partner didn't have lots of questions as the dialogue started to struggle when I wanted to know their concrete structure, proven sales pitch, compensation rules.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Albany, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

As someone who did the hiring and interviews, or someone who was interviewed? Hiring would be digging into the past troubles and how they were handled. Trouble shooting for any thing is as important as knowing your product.

Interview Questions

• My boss once asked me if "the customer is always right".   1 Answer

Negotiation

They liked my answer so I asked them the same thing back and they had no answer. It was all mine from then on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very technical. More question asked on designing the software products. Explaining any complex problem you faced and how you solved it. Then there were 2-3 questions or discussion of using OOPs in real life scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Explain your last project architecture and your contribution.   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

3 month process, several phone interviews, video submission, company underbid salary cap for location role is held, met with several executives and hiring manager and other employee. This role interview process was very long only to lead to no positive income, but frustrating at times. Felt it was jumping through hoops for a role that was not that detailed in what was required.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had one written and 5 rounds of technical managerial and hr interview. The process was smooth and the recruiters were very helpful. The rounds were of average difficulty and it was a good experience to get through a product based company.

Interview Questions

• The projects i worked on and technology related questions especially web services.   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Timely process and less waiting time. The process was very quick and efficient. 5 rounds were conducted and i was not asked to wait for more than 15 minute. Lunch and cab faciity was provided by the company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called by an consultancy, got an interview for next day. Was informed that there will be 3 rounds but after reaching it started to be a never ending story. I lost count of how many rounds they conducted (most of the times with repetitive questions) God knows what they were trying to achieve

Interview Questions

• No SQL concepts, Java, SQL queries, Agile, Data analytics and puzzles   1 Answer

Service Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Lanham, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Phone interview with one department manager followed by a phone interview by the hiring manager. Onsite interview with the hiring manager followed by two more onsite interviews by other department managers.

Interview Questions

• There were many interview questions of course but one principal focus was about managing communications and managing relationships especially involving difficult [conflict-type] situations with clients.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very reasonable - obviously there were limits but I was fully satisified with how the discussion progressed to our mutual benefit.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Interview process was quite good, HR asked the proper questions, the interview was a bit difficult for the position probably HR was being extra careful. Again minus thing was HR did not discuss pay until the very last minute. It's a bit weird, that the HR did not give me a bit of time to negotiate. The HR did not ask what my pay expectation was, pay seems to be quite an issue in this company.

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very good, timely and efficient. The questions asked were relevant and interview was conducted in proper timely manner. First was a phone call screening and after that i was called at Noida office for further rounds where my aptitude tests were conducted and other rounds were held.