Pitney Bowes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2018

2.8

RTM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with Corporate H.R. and was asked to overview my resume, which she was looking at. They wanted more USPS experience, but if was not listed in the job description. I asked about this and she dismissed it like an incompetent H.R. Rep would do. I suspect the hiring manage must have raised hell with the lack of USPS experience he was seeing on the incoming resumes, and H.R. was scrambling at the last minute.

Logistics Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with HR over phone. It went very well. I was told I would receive a call back in a few days after my information was passed to the hiring manager. I was called the next day and was asked to go in for a short notice interview. It was extremely inconvenient, but I was able to move things around to go. The interview has absolutely no structure. It was, talk about what we do, random question. Talk more about what we do, talk about random things, and then random question. After all was said and done, I left. The hiring manager gave me his business card and advised I would be receiving a call back from HR within a week. A week passes and nothing. I reach out to HR to say thanks and ask if the position had been filled, and no response at all. it was handled unprofessionally to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into Logistics?

What was your typical day at your last job?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Danbury, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

Staffing firm reached out to me for the opportunity. It took 4 weeks to schedule a phone interview. I was told that there were 50+ candidates applied for the job and taking time to review profiles. The phone interview was scheduled for 1 hr though the actual call last for more than scheduled time. It took another 3 weeks for an in-person interview. In-person interview was good, I was able to get ans and was able to see whats this is up-to. The feedback was good, I was told that final feedback would be announced after speaking to all in-person interviews are done. Apparently they invited 6+ candidates to in-person interview. Unfortunately its too late for me, I moved on with other offer.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Given the opportunity, what value do you bring on to the table?
      Q2. Define leadership in your perception?
      Q3. How do you motivate your team?
      Q4. Have you ever faced any challenges in handling team?
      Q5. Technical questions related to Job   Answer Question

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Typical-phone screen with recruiter, then with hiring manager. Then come in for an in-person interview. I probably interviewed with 5-7 people total, and it was a half day interview. Some of the interviews were over the phone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Omaha, NE).

Interview

2 general phone interviews. Mechanical aptitude test.one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen four teen fif teen six teen seven teen eight teen nine teen twen ty twenty one twenty 2,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your present job?   1 Answer

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Troy, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First and second interview basic behavioral questions, some questions relating to technical ability to dive in data. Went through and asked for knowledge of business, products they sold, and if I knew of the transition the company was going through

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would be able to code unstructured data when analyzing internal data.   1 Answer

Senior Network Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the manager twice and the Director once. I was asked if my CCNA was current. I enjoyed talking with the manager and was pretty sure I could work with him. I was told there would be travel, I was hired after talking to HR about the travel.

Interview Questions

• If I minded travel once a month   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview process due to constant organizational changes. Went through 6 different interviews starting with the talent recruiter and various sales managers and department leaders. Was not asked to come onsite to do a live presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your software sales background. Very specific questions about previous sales targets and attainment. Tell me about a complex deal and why you won. Tell me about a deal that you lost. Why did you choose Pitney Bowes? Based on your resume, you don't seem to be a good fit, why do you think you're a good fit? How do you spend your time on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis? Are you a hunter or farmer? Explain Why. How do you deal with organizational change?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Several interviews - one through phone, one on skype and one face to face, all took about 2-3 months. Everyone was helpfull but I think one interview should be enough. The most important for them was former expierience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

Tough. Involved multiple separate interviews with different people, many who did not have involvement with the position. Ideas for the direction of the position were requested, which I provided as a 12 month plan in great detail. This was well received. I was told this was just what they were seeking. Through subsequent interviews, the hiring manager was more and more encouraged with the ideas and direction I presented. The last interview took on an entirely different tone. Turns out, a higher up had a different person in mind all along, and the position responsibilities and duties were changed at that time so only that person qualified.

Interview Questions

• Ideas on how to promote and market our new service.   1 Answer