Pitney Bowes Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pitney Bowes Sales Executive Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I replied to an online posting. Contacted by HR person who did just about all the interface. It was almost exclusively by email and phone. Very little human interaction until all the "hurdles were jumped" and then had an in-person interview with frontline manager. Very cursory, but then this is a very low level job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pitney Bowes

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2011.

Interview

it was a long process with many different managers and other reps. It was a good 2 way exchange of information to see if the fit was a good one from both sides.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. The managers who I spoke with asked the usualy questions. Three interviews in all. I think the management is pretty smart which is why I took the job. To prepare, I would go on the webiste and learn about the company especially the industries theyre getting into.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of two one on phone face interviews where they ask you behavioral and experience questions based on your leadership and desire to succeed. This interview was focused on key accountablilties for service management. Inventory control of service inventory (just in time vs just in case), customer satisfaction issues (respponse time vs fix time) and project management process.

The company was obviously in ttransistion from a "break fix" operation to a professional services organization. Training at all levels had been negelected resulting in poor service. The individual associates are friendly but it is a very closed network that does not welcome outsiders. They value years with the company over ability. Discipline is poor resulting in poor performers being moved around from department to department. The company is resistent to any Six Sigma applications to service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made a difficult leadership decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Recruiter called and asked me a series of questions to prequalify me as a candidate. Had two rounds of meeting different hiring managers and ultimately met with the district director. The interview used a challenging role playing activity to determine if you could sell based on information of the product and the customer that was provided ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell mailing machines?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Darmstadt (Germany)).

Interview

The intro to the sales organization how it is and where they wanna go was from the beginning very buzzy described and spongy, especially when talking about the business apart of key accounts.
    When trying to understand how exactly the internal sales teams' territories and goals are interwoven with each other in order to understand the success factor and product scope might lead to compensation accorded to the to be assigned role, the sales area leader pictured a non-explaining structure- but this was exactly the point, the compensation wasn't for the whole portfolio and the territory (??). The only component which was clearly excluded was Location Intelligence.
    When asked for key sucess drivers with Customer Engagement (bunch of single tools) at existing local customers or new wins, there was no clear answer on the pitch, but existing "historic" key accounts where repeated mainly. Finally, I wanted to know the relevance of the flagship tool "Interactive Video" (which is nice, no question) as I still didn"t understand the proven entry point for a prospect to purchase neccessarely any product mix then to realize a type of Customer Engagement suite (which overlaps regularly somehow with components of existing core systems from other vendors) - again no answer explains a strategy. Btw, selling such suites is neccessary to hit quota.
    The guy left the room for approx. 15min in order to let me watch the marketing video (!?) at youtube. When he came back, we've been finished soon with the interview...

Summary: Employer, it would be great if you appreciate concrete questions from candidates and their motivation to qualify the job very well as they have to carry a quota and need to be experts in qualification of prospects in daily business as well. If you want a CO-WORK, please be prepared to answer basic questions concretely as well and don't expect dumb jerks as interview partner. If you cant explain the USP within three sentences and how often you've been able to position sweet spots of your shop to install any CE suite...

Interview Questions

• Experiences with complex sales and wins at big enterprises, verticals, go to market in details, motivation for the job. Nothing unusual. The meeting partner didn't have lots of questions as the dialogue started to struggle when I wanted to know their concrete structure, proven sales pitch, compensation rules.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2011.

Interview

After the initial phone interview I was asked to meet three individuals from the company, at my arrival in a large but empty office space! I met with two individuals, one from HR and other I assume sales since he did not specify his function.
    The interview was very simple and easy, basic questions about resume, back ground, skills, etc......The HR individual seemed satisfied and started talking about benefits, hiring time and precedures...Then I was asked if I had any questions; to which I replied by pointing out falling sales and company performance in general, my questions were more an inquiry to better underestand what the weak points are and how as a sales person I should address them, by no means sarcastic or offensive.
    Instead of addressing any of my questions the assumed sales manager ended the meeting, stood up and thanked me for coming!!!
    I assume that the interview was a reflection of a corporate culture that demands a "put up and shut up attitude".

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was 1) telephone interview by HR representative 2) telephone interview by line of business manager 3) face to face interviews with potential hiring mamnager and a number of people who would be peers. There was a lot of situational question, "describe a time when you had to..." Their staff was very professional and courteous. The process was run in a business-like and very smooth manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your relationship with your last boss?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2008.

Interview

The hiring manager called me in for a face to face and it went very well. After meeting with the hiring manager. I did a ride day with a rep in the field for about 2 hours. Afterwards I met with the Director of Sales and was offerd the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. Know the range and ask for what you want within range.