Pitney Bowes Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview started off with the first technical round which was taken up by two interviewer, It was based on data structures and algorithms mostly on handling data after selection there is second round again followed by 2 manager Arch of the team you would be working with, it consisted question based on the project you have worked on the architecture and flow and the minute details again few more data structures questions. After clearing that round i was told to leave for the day and expect a call from HR for the third round, i scheduled it the next day (i liked the flexibility they gave to choose the timing) , i arrived late in the evening and the next round was with the VP engineering & technology, the questions were mostly on data structures, cronjob ,puzzle and handling huge data , on clearing that round there is fourth round with the director, he would listen to you deeply and ask you question judging on your self explanation. I liked talking to him, he would ask questions out of the box innovative solutions , i would say it was very enjoyable feeling talking to and listening to him, on clearing this round there will be fifth round with the Manager HR would walk you through the company working culture and technologies etc and take feedback from you. finally the manager HR told me that i was selected and scheduled a call from the HR the next day for salary negotiation. In a nutshell i would say that the interview process went very smooth and was very quick.

Interview Questions

• DS related(tree,linkedlist,array),Hashmap internal implementation,Algorithm,Puzzle,DB   1 Answer

Negotiation

They paid what i asked for. If all your round go well you can quote a salary you want (reasonable though )

Other Interview Reviews for Pitney Bowes

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

They are not clear with the JD for opening. In mail, they send JD for UI Developer with JQuery, AngularJS, CSS and HTML. But in interview, the interview panel was not aware with AngularJS, he was asking difference between NOSQL and SQL, SOAP vs REST, question related to NODE.JS.

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done by the senior technical members.
    Three Rounds are being done for the hiering process and variety of questions were there to solve.
    1.online test
    2.Technical Interview I
    3.Technical Interview II

its great to be a part of this interview .learnt a lot.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Pune (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It started with the Written Online test. HR gave one link where we have to give the test and submit it. After that there were 3 telecon interview with Manager, Senior Manager and Director. After that there was one round with HR to do the negotiations etc. Overall it was an easy process but the whole process was very lengthy and boring as well. Also consultancy was involved in between so it did not helped. In all it took more than 3 months of time to get the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is totally up to you how you can negotiate with an HR. Be strong during the negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Noida (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 2 rounds. First was technical round that was based on their technical requirement and second was HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henley on Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Henley on Thames, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

1st interview: Multiple choice test for an hour. On pseudo code and general concepts
    2nd interview: face to face with the team manager and director of engineering. Asked specific technical questions, past projects. Introduced me to the team

Interview Questions

• Web services
      past experiences
      why i left old job
      why i want to work for them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiated once, increased offer by about 10%