Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was an average experience. I don't think I clicked well with the hiring managers-- just different personalities. Sometimes being incredibly passionate about an organization doesn't mean it's a good fit career-wise, and I figured that out within a few minutes into the interview. They also wanted me to be available to work in many different departments and help wherever needed around the zoo (including the animal exhibits!).

Just know that regardless of the position, even if it's full-time salaried, you will be required to work on the weekends. Some people might not mind working on weekends, but after working an 8-5, M-F job, going back to working on weekends is the last thing I would want to do, especially as a professional with a family.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview process wasn't bad. I was nervous because it was my first job but it went well. They just basically asked us why we wanted to work here and I explained to them in detail.

Children's Zoo Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Attended job fair late January and received a call back about a month later about the position. It was at the zoo itself but it took me awhile to find the building. A paper application was filled out first and then we waited to be called in for an interview.

After the hiring process there was an orientation day to go over certain people skills. This was especially important because we would be working with children and their parents.

Full-time Education Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I sat in the boardroom with the curator and assistant curator, and they took turns asking me some pretty standard questions and some slightly more difficult questions. It took roughly 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a program that you put together.   Answer Question
    • What would you be passionate about doing in this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you provide us with an example of something that you wrote that showcases your writing abilities.   Answer Question
    • What is a personal goal of yours?   Answer Question

Special Events Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Laid back interview, in interview room with three people in upper management. They call whether you get the job or do not. They are very nice and ask simple and standard questions. They are looking for interns who are creative, outgoing, and enjoy being around children.

Interview Questions

• Are you a creative thinker and can you think on your feet?   1 Answer