Pivotal Payments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.4

Director Technical Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

One initial call from the recruiter, then four individual phone interviews, and a final follow up call with the initial offer. I responded with a counter offer before accepting a mutually agreed upon modification to the initial offer.

Interview Questions

• About work history including various functional roles and capabilities   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via posted ad on Indeed. Set up date/time for interview THREE times. 1st time - Not called as agreed. I emailed Ted Tuttle to re-schedule. 2nd time - the same. 3rd time - No call from him as agreed upon. Terribly discourteous. I wonder if this is how he treats customers also.

Senior Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and discussed high level items such as leadership and knowledge of the industry. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. We discussed for about an hour items that she wanted to accomplish for 2016. I explained how I could help her achieve her goals and she offered me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Discuss philosophy of merchant risk   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was in 2 phases. The first was with the Hiring Manager and the 2nd one was with the VP. Both interviews went well and both Managers and VP were very nice and asked me very Basic interview questions and tested my knowledge regarding the Payment industry, Sales, Products.

Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview consisted of 4 steps, the first one being the phone interview with HR, the second was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and two subsequent ones with senior managers (just to ensure candidate's consistency I assume).

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your weaknesses?
      Q: Tell us how you manage a complex project in a dynamic multitasking environment
      Q: How do you feel about working in a company where the communication between departments are less formal compared to larger organizations?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Technical interview. Nice question and answer process. Interviewers create an atmosphere such that you are at ease. The more you are prepared the better it is to get obtain the job.

Interview Questions

• Difference between overloading and overriding?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

If you are hired for Account Executive, there are 3 interviews after the phone screening. The second and third interviews were done on the same visit. Had I seen an ad like their recent one where they wanted lead generators who could sell "dirty", I would not have applied.

Interview Questions

• Many regular questions that would be on lists that recruiters find online -- like your strengths, you biggest weakness, accomplishments, failures, why should we hire you... etc., On the first interview, he said he wanted someone who could sell ANYTHING. Then he asked me if I could sell anything. The right answer would have been, "Absolutely!"   1 Answer

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview on phone with HR and they will schedule a face to face interview
    They will send you a test to
    Do on personality and general questions on answering calls with scenarios
    Face to face interview with manager approx 30mins
    They will contact you to let you know if selected

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at pivotal payments?   1 Answer

Area Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Was relatively easy. I could tell from day one that the management team had no idea how to run a business. Some of the questions he asked were irrelevant and misguided. Unfortunately I was sold on the position by a new member of the team and was promised the world before I left my old role

Interview Questions

• What brands have you closed in the past   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pivotal Payments (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

phone interview followed by in person interview and job offered same day. it took about half an hour for the phone interview and the sales effectiveness manager was also present in the interview with the newly hired sales manager whose correct title is centre manager because its a call centre environment.

Interview Questions

• just getting to know about your interests hobbies, experience   1 Answer