Pixar Animation Studios Interview Questions in Emeryville, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editorialfor Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online in February and was emailed to schedule an interview in mid-May. I did a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was emailed to schedule a set of panel interviews. I had a choice of in-person or Skype, and I chose Skype. I had 3 interviews with different groups over the course of about 3 hours with a short break in the middle. Each section was introduced by one of the recruiters. Everyone was very nice and mostly asked about my technical skills and what kinds of stories I liked, and what my future goals were.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, followed by an on-site interview the following week. Met the team I would be interning under. The atmosphere was very low-pressure and had interesting conversation about what the team did while also discussing my experience.

Systems Production Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Once the resumes are screened I had a telephonic interview which was followed by an onsite interview. Upon clearing the onsite as usual there was background check and then the recruiter called to confirm the offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask only about the expertise we have wrt the job position and our interest towards the job.   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

A full day interview in four stages. Initially greeted by a representative from recruiting (Human Resources) for the first few minutes, then into a conference room where 4-6 of your future co-workers were seated around the table. They started by asking general questions about your background, where you've worked, then start selecting small details on your resume and asking you to expand on them. Then they put your demo reel into a dvd player, and play through your reel, stopping at times to discuss an aspect of that particular shot. After about an hour, this group leaves, and after a short break a new group arrives, and the same process ensues. This happens about four times (there's a lunch break with a few of your future co-workers) which takes you to about 3pm. Then you sit down with HR and they discuss the nuts and bolts of working at the company and then escort you out of the door around 4pm.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Great process - maybe a little slow, but recruiters were always available for questions. Half-hour phone call with the recruiter led to 1 and 1/2 hour in-person interview at Pixar, meeting with 3 2-person interview teams. Unfortunate that I did not get the job, but I was certainly given a great shot at it, and look forward to hopefully interviewing again in the future.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Teams of interviewers come by in half hour increments and ask questions. Overall, I would say that it was very convivial. I got the sense that they figured the people they were interviewing were all qualified to do the work, and it was more a question of who fit in to the company and people the best.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied two months before receiving any word from them, had a phone screening and then received a follow up a couple days later. The interview was on campus and had two rounds: the first half-hour with two employees and the second half-hour with one of them. They were very friendly, yet kept both a professional and personal atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Qualities that college taught me that would help me with the job.\   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator (Wellness and Benefits) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

The interview process took about 2 hours long. I met with 3 different people. 1) recruiter, interviewed for about 30 minutes. Basically going over my resume and experience 2) HR Manager, interviewed for about 45 minutes going over my resume, experience and job description 3) HR Manager, Benefits, interviewed for about an hour going over my experience in benefits, wellness, overall HR. My 5 year goals and why I was looking to leave my current job. She then went into detail about what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with coordinating benefits, how many people oversaw benefits and how many employees etc. Are you familiar with wellness programs?   Answer Question

Videographer & Documentary Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very conversational and relaxed. We went over my resume and she asked if I had any questions, saying that she would be in touch. After a week I contacted the recruiter because I was getting other offers and they bumped up my on-site interview. On-site interview with 6 staff members, 3 meetings in teams of 2. Very relaxed and fun. I heard back within a month.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I've interviewed with them a couple of times--both in person and over the phone. They manage to present themselves as open, inspired and friendly, but ultimately they're a big corporation. I don't think I'm meant to be a cog in the wheel.