Pixar Animation Studios Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview request from a Pixar recruiter two weeks later. She scheduled me an interview 2 weeks later....It lasted for 30 mins with 2 s/w engineers frm the team....They asked really basic questions from C++, and one basic ques from graphics. Also, they asked 1 behavioral ques......while I answered all questions really well....2 days later I got an email stating they are moving ahead with other candidates. I don't know......I feel I haven't been given a fair chance.....dey hardly interviewed me....probably coz they already had some other candidates in mind....they didn't ask me to even explain any of my projects....or even ask me why am I interested in Pixar/that position. I was soo disappointed.
    The interviewers were very friendly though......

Interview Questions

• Difference between virtual and static methods.   1 Answer
    • const func, mutable keyword. Tell us a scenario where mutable is used.   1 Answer
    • Dot product and cross product differences and their uses.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a team project , how did u divide tasks...if you lead the team...and how did you plan?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter, 2-3 rounds of phone interviews, all of which were group interviews (3-4 on conference mic). Half the questions were general software engineering, half were specific to computer graphics.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios (Emeryville, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview first with another Software Engineer. They asked some technical questions as well as behavioral questions. Overall it was a 30 minute interview. Then I got a phone call from the recruiter, stating that Pixar was interested, and went on to the second stage of the interview. I then interviewed with two managers from the Tools group. The interview consistent of coding questions regarding C++ and object-oriented design. They also asked me questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I did not negotiate since it was just an internship.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pixar Animation Studios.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview, then many (3-4) phone interviews with specific teams after that.

All interviews asked C++ questions. The first interview was a screening, and the interviews afterwards were with specific teams. Each team had specific needs they were looking for. One team asked OpenGL/GPU algorithms, and others asked general C++/Python questions.