Pizza Hut Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pizza Hut Cook Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.5

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Interview was informal with just a manager present. Interview focused mainly on hours and job duties. Previous industry experience was clearly a plus. Surprisingly, they were interested in long term plans and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the industry?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Roanoke, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

He called me,I went in he got me some food,I waited about 10 minutes then he come out and asked me why I should be hired and if I ever worked at a pizza place and I said yes ..then he hired me on the spot I came in the next day and started to train on the computer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back, and very little pressure was put on me. The manager explained how the position opened, explained my responsibilities as the cook, and asked if I would be interested. I said yes, and he explained how I would start training and when I should come in to fill out forms and get a tour of the place. He also asked if I had any questions. For a little while, we also talked about my previous food service experience and he assured me that I shouldn't have much trouble learning the ropes and to just take my time. I was also given my uniform and told the dress code, and how I should wear my hair (it is pretty long, so a ponytail or braid).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would start off with slightly less than what they usually give the cooks ($8 an hour) until about three months had passed. At that point they would give me a raise to the $8.00. Because I don't have too much food service experience (especially regarding pizza) I didn't negotiate and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online at pizza huts website. I had a friend that worked there and he told me to come Friday to meet the manager. When I met her, she took me to a table where she told me the expectations of the job and asked me some very brief questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working a split shift? How flexible are your hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Zeeland, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

The day after i sent my application in. I got a call for and interview. I went and they never called me back. The manger was very nice and offer me a drink when i arrived.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Very straight forward. I went into the restaurant and asked for an application. I filled the application out and turned it in. I was contacted within a week by the manager.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions. A little about my resume and what activities i enjoy. Also my availability since I was in high school   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pahrump, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Pahrump, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

I went in and verified what was on my application and resume with the manager. Then I was told that he would have to speak with his boss and see about giving me a job. This was the same thing on two different interviews with the same manager about 4 months apart.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience as a cook?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lampasas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Lampasas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in, and met with the store manager after the lunch rush. She asked me if I had quit my other jobs on good terms, and if I had given two week's notice or not. I was told the amount the position I was applying for (minimum wage), the quantity of hours they could offer me, and whether that would work for me. I was asked to start work the next day, but they offered me more pay if I would commute to the next town over.

Interview Questions

• Did you give two week's notice when leaving your last job?   Answer Question
    • Would you commute to the Pizza Hut in the next town over for 3.5% more pay?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Hammond, IN).

Interview

Very easy and laid back, made you feel comfortable. In store interview, sat at a table and was asked questions about my schedule and avalibility, also how many hours a week I was willing to work. They seemed short handed, so they were giving out great hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Oral interview followed by written test. Written test answers are within the questions themselves. Easy test, no worries. Oral part was more difficult. But, I guess that would depend on who the interviewer is.