Pizza Hut Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pizza Hut Cook Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.6

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Interview was informal with just a manager present. Interview focused mainly on hours and job duties. Previous industry experience was clearly a plus. Surprisingly, they were interested in long term plans and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the industry?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Anonymous Employee in Trotwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Trotwood, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

A lot of boring videos that make you feel like an idiot. Child like videos and tests.very much a technicality. They treat you like you are stupid and treat you as if you are a child. They talk down to you

Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Arkansas City, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

Asked me just a few questions about work ethic and what hours could you work. And if I had a reliable vehicle to make it to work. Overall the interview process was simple wasn't to stressful at all.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Asked basic questions about background and cooking experience. Asked many questions about customer service and if you're a "people person". Given example situations where customers or co-workers are unhappy and then asked what your reaction would be. Also asked what your reaction would be if you saw someone shoplifting.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with Pizza Hut in two years?   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back, and very little pressure was put on me. The manager explained how the position opened, explained my responsibilities as the cook, and asked if I would be interested. I said yes, and he explained how I would start training and when I should come in to fill out forms and get a tour of the place. He also asked if I had any questions. For a little while, we also talked about my previous food service experience and he assured me that I shouldn't have much trouble learning the ropes and to just take my time. I was also given my uniform and told the dress code, and how I should wear my hair (it is pretty long, so a ponytail or braid).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would start off with slightly less than what they usually give the cooks ($8 an hour) until about three months had passed. At that point they would give me a raise to the $8.00. Because I don't have too much food service experience (especially regarding pizza) I didn't negotiate and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Zeeland, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

The day after i sent my application in. I got a call for and interview. I went and they never called me back. The manger was very nice and offer me a drink when i arrived.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online at pizza huts website. I had a friend that worked there and he told me to come Friday to meet the manager. When I met her, she took me to a table where she told me the expectations of the job and asked me some very brief questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working a split shift? How flexible are your hours?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Very straight forward. I went into the restaurant and asked for an application. I filled the application out and turned it in. I was contacted within a week by the manager.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions. A little about my resume and what activities i enjoy. Also my availability since I was in high school   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pahrump, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Pahrump, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

I went in and verified what was on my application and resume with the manager. Then I was told that he would have to speak with his boss and see about giving me a job. This was the same thing on two different interviews with the same manager about 4 months apart.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience as a cook?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Dearborn Heights, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very unprofessional and short. Really easy interview though as expected from a minimum wage job. I'm sure the process varies slightly depending on the manager interviewing. I wouldn't expect anything to nerve wrecking. You don't need to dress up, I'm sure jeans and a decent shirt will be acceptable. Make sure you speak with clear and sophisticated language.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      What kind of hours can you work?
      Answer Question