Pizza Hut Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

1.5

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Cypress, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the store as a driver, but I was contacted a week later, came in for an interview and was told they would be more interested in having me work as a cook. There wasn't much of an interview, I just came in and was offered the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Lubbock, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, asked about ID and Proof of Insurance for delivery drivers, asked about previous experience and what hours I could work, not too many questions since it was my first official job

Anonymous Employee in Kaysville, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Kaysville, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

I walked in and i sat on the only chair in the back. The lady asked me about my hours for what seemed like 2 minutes and what experience I had (which was none at the time), and she hired me on the spot. total interview time was 6 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Mangum, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Mangum, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

Next to nothing, manager called me in had me fill out employee papers and got to work the next day. several people quit the day before needed more hands on deck. didn't give any kind of oral interview.

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Roanoke, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

He called me,I went in he got me some food,I waited about 10 minutes then he come out and asked me why I should be hired and if I ever worked at a pizza place and I said yes ..then he hired me on the spot I came in the next day and started to train on the computer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

Interview was informal with just a manager present. Interview focused mainly on hours and job duties. Previous industry experience was clearly a plus. Surprisingly, they were interested in long term plans and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Trotwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Trotwood, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

A lot of boring videos that make you feel like an idiot. Child like videos and tests.very much a technicality. They treat you like you are stupid and treat you as if you are a child. They talk down to you

Anonymous Employee in Arkansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Arkansas City, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

Asked me just a few questions about work ethic and what hours could you work. And if I had a reliable vehicle to make it to work. Overall the interview process was simple wasn't to stressful at all.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Asked basic questions about background and cooking experience. Asked many questions about customer service and if you're a "people person". Given example situations where customers or co-workers are unhappy and then asked what your reaction would be. Also asked what your reaction would be if you saw someone shoplifting.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back, and very little pressure was put on me. The manager explained how the position opened, explained my responsibilities as the cook, and asked if I would be interested. I said yes, and he explained how I would start training and when I should come in to fill out forms and get a tour of the place. He also asked if I had any questions. For a little while, we also talked about my previous food service experience and he assured me that I shouldn't have much trouble learning the ropes and to just take my time. I was also given my uniform and told the dress code, and how I should wear my hair (it is pretty long, so a ponytail or braid).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would start off with slightly less than what they usually give the cooks ($8 an hour) until about three months had passed. At that point they would give me a raise to the $8.00. Because I don't have too much food service experience (especially regarding pizza) I didn't negotiate and accepted.