Pizza Hut Restaurant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pizza Hut Restaurant General Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Bowie, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a fine and extensive interview process as you'd expect. The training was long and the management abuse their power. They watch over your back and nag you constantly about your work. It's very stressful and fast paced

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Sioux Falls, SD) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process went really well. I interviewed 3 times and was offered a position with a relocation package and a verbal salary offer. However, after I took the final assessment I never heard from the area manager again. It took me 2 weeks of waiting to figure out that I didn't pass the assessment. I even called the area manager and sent him a text and he wasn't professional enough to get back to me. Not cool, I would have taken other employment had I known that I was wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• What would your former staff say was your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allegan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Allegan, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

She started with, I see you are applying for the General Manager Position, Tell me about yourself. The Interview was well done in a traditional format and the General Manager did a fantastic job. My issue was that I was interviewed by the General Manager of the location I was applying for... Hmmmm that made no sense so I had to ask "You are so passionate about your job as general manager here, why on earth are you leaving". Well guess what,,she was NOT leaving, there was no General manager position open even though the job posting was just placed two days prior. Thinking I was being interviewed for the general manager position it was soon disclosed that I would be working as a cook working my way through all the stages and some day I MAY Advance to a general manager position. I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF. Why would Pizza Hut stoop to dishonest tactics to get employees. The have a proven success record, they are #1 in the Pizza industry and their growth is unmatched. What is going on?? If they are ashamed to advertise for a Cook position then they need to figure out why, don't risk your reputation to get a cook and don't lose a great manager by posting jobs that don't exist. It

Interview Questions

The job I was interviewing for (General Manager) was never available, it was just a way to try and fill a cook position. Sad tactic. Not a way to build trust. I have 28 years of successful Management and a proven record of building the best sales teams, i wanted to bring that experience to Pizza Hut as a General Manager not as a fill in cook.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

It took an in person interview that took about an hour. Next, you interview with the company vice president. Overall process took about 2 weeks. The interviewers were very kind about making the process comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Your standard interview questions. The vice president asked a lot of situational questions such as how you would react in certain circumstances involving employees and guests. They asked a lot about previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Dayton, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

5 interviews, first with general manager then area manager, then regional manager, then phone interview with someone in human resources after a hour and half assessment test. then an in store observation to determine if you were still interested.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I was relocating to the area and applied on indeed.com. a recruiter contacted me the next day. We did a phone screening a few days later where she told me she was going to contact the district manager so we could set up a face to face interview. Because I was out of state I couldn't interview for a week. We emailed and set up a time and place to meet. He was very flexible with my schedule as I was only going to be in town for one day and had a lot to accomplish.
    I consider the interview to be average to easy. We met in a casual setting he was nice asked questions in a conversational way so it didn't feel like he was drilling me but we covered a lot of information. The interview lasted a little over an hour. At the end he said he was going to write me up and offer and I would hear from him with in 2 days. I received the offer then evening via email and accepted the offer the following morning.

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Flint, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was done in person and took about 2 hours. There was also an online assessment that you took except I had to keep asking for them to share the results. The interview mainly consisted of asking for examples of positive and negative experience in the restaurant business.

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Interview

I started out as a cook and work my way up through management to general manager, you have to go through a review board, you have to know sales scheduling interview questions basically had grow and run a business, you have to know P&L, general ledger, HR, , what affects sales

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Wichita, KS) in August 2012.

Interview

Got a call after about a week of applying on the web site for a 1 on 1 interview.The process took about 4 weeks. They started me as a assistant manager for about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions.Asked a lot of questions from my previous employment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They only pay 32K starting so there is no room negotiation, maybe later on when you could show what you could do for them they will increase the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pizza Hut (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. It was intense at first because of the lack of humor in my interviewer. Once I gave answers he was looking for, it did get easier. I expressed my passion for moving up in the company, and was talked about even advancing my career further.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about company values, how I handled complaints, what was the trickiest situation I've been in and how to handle it, how have I handled a disgruntled employee, how can I make my restaurant better than the other chain pizza restaurants   Answer Question