Planet Fitness Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planet Fitness Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Planet Fitness

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

It was very simple and straight forward. I knew someone within the company and actually got an interview that way. I was initially brought in as a front desk associate and the "interview" for that was non-existent. I had to interview with upper-level management for the potential promotion and the interview was more like a test of what I had learned about Planet Fitness over the first few weeks of employment.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too crazy. It was all customer service based and about Planet Fitness operations in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get what they offer you, take it or leave it. I was in school and was just looking for something simple to get me through. There is no extra commission or bonus opportunities and the chances of advancing are slim to none

Other Interview Reviews for Planet Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Great Neck, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied on Indeed with an outstanding cover letter and within a week they asked me to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and assistant manager. it lasted 30 mins and they seemed to like me. They asked for references at the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you do that makes you standout from the others?
      How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshtemo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Oshtemo, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

When opening the doors to planet fitness, it felt right for me. I was comfortable. This is coming from someone who has never stepped in a PF before but the job description was right up my alley. I walked up to the desk and let the young woman know I was there for an interview. The man standing next to her said "oh yeah he is busy right now, but I will let him know you are here, please take a seat at one of the tables in the lobby". I thought, okay great! I sat there for 5 minuets. The man I had spoken with 5 minutes ago came and sat next to me. "Hi I am the GM, my names is (blank). To be honest I forgot his name! He was the one I was interviewing with. We had the interview in the lobby. It was so loud and obviously people were working out next to us. He asked me some pretty tough questions, I was so not ready. (This was my first interview after graduating college) I went over several questions/answers prior to this interview. But this interview caught me off guard. There were about 10+ questions but to be honest I don't remember all of them.

Interview Questions

Over the stuttering and shaking, he told me I wasn't cut out for the management position. Which, looking back, I know I didn't practice enough. I was a scared college grad hoping to get the first job I applied to. Silly huh? He offered me a front desk job and also a fitness training job. He said I would be a perfect fit for those particular positions. I wasn't looking for that. I do believe he was looking for young "pretty people" for the front desk and training programs. The staff was mainly young females. This particular process wasn't cut out for me. Ever since this interview I have not had an experience like this. This is just my experience and I hope whoever is reading this will be successful :) My advice is to be prepared and just go for it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Very easy interview process. But for as big as this company is, the hours and pay are garbage for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! No wonder their turnover is so high. $12 an HR for Assistant Manager!?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • if you left a room, what are 5 things people in the room would say about you?   Answer Question
    • If someone didn't complete something you asked them to do the day before, how would you go about disciplining/reprimanding them?   Answer Question
    • How do you want new/existing customers to feel about coming here?   Answer Question
    • Questions about availability for schedule.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

Three step process, the first one was a group interview, the second was a one on one with the GM and the third was a one on one with the RM