Planet Fitness Fitness Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planet Fitness Fitness Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Planet Fitness

2.0

Fitness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness in August 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews. First was about 15 mins with basic questions about the company and my experience. Second interview lasted 5 mins and was more of an information session.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you had to go above and beyond in your last job to get the job done.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Planet Fitness

Anonymous Employee in East Greenbush, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (East Greenbush, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was easy and as expected. Very basic and generic questions. Generic and basic. Pretty basic and the questions were generic. Not like asking me to submit a 50 word minimum.

Fitness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Planet Fitness twice.

Apply online. Standard questions, easy to navigate. Pretty nice.

Recruiter called fairly quickly. She was friendly, professional, and eager to support the gym's hiring process.

That's where the professionalism ended.

1st time I interviewed:
    I was called by the manager, to schedule an interview. 2 hours later I was called by a customer service associate and was told that the manager wasn't going to be able to interview at that time, and she rescheduled me for the next day (why didn't he make the call himself???)
    When I went in for the interview, everything went fine. Upon leaving I was asked by the manager to call if I do not hear from him by Monday, or if I accept another position. Monday went by, no call. Tuesday I called and asked to speak with the manager about my position, long pause and was told to call back in an hour. I called in an hour, confirmed the manager has been there all day, and I just asked the customer service rep if they hired a new trainer... her response was yes, he's going through his orientatiblon, do you want to speak to him? Then an hour later I get a call from another rep telling me they hired someone else.

2nd Location:
    Interviewed, was told by the manager to call and follow up with him on Tuesday. Called Tuesday afternoon, customer service rep answered and when I asked to speak with the manager I was told hang on, I could hear her call him over and explain the call to him, and then clearly hear him reply "Tell him I'm not here." SO THAT WAS IT FOR ME.
    Later that week I received a call from the recruiter, telling me that the person the just hired "fell through."

This behavior seems very standard within the company.

Don't ask applicants to follow-up call you if you if you don't have the spine to tell them you hired another. Franchise Owners really need to look at who they trust to run their company, because this is how you run off good people. I consider myself lucky for not getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Standard "Name a time" questions, and any schedule conflicts.   1 Answer

Fitness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

I was only interviewed by the assistant manager because the general manager was absent that day. We sat down at an open table and he asked questions for about 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, not really any training questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Pflugerville, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

3 separate interviews, but only went to two interviews. One with the manager of the location, then the regional manager. With the manager of the location, they will go over the application you submitted online on their website. Ask me a few questions and what is to expect, plus job duties of the position I applied for. Also, I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you a made a goal and achieved it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Both interviews told me about the position and what is to be expected including what is offered in the position of Full Time.