Planet Fitness Front Desk Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planet Fitness Front Desk Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Planet Fitness

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Southgate, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied from the Planet Fitness website for the Southgate location. The application was super easy, just the basic things were asked such as availability, past employment, and education. They called within 3 days for an interview, in which I went. It was a group interview with 3 other applicants. All of us had different employment background, education level, and expectations. We were interviewed by two managers, which at first was intimidating, but that feeling soon went away once the interview process began. Everyone, including myself, were early. It was very easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your past employment. Do you have any customer service experience?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Planet Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Evergreen Park, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Evergreen Park, Cook, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The Hiring Process is not bad. It is really quick and mainly everybody is given a shot. You go through a 30 day probation, but even if you make a couple mistakes you won't get fired or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe there was one when I was interviewed. Most of the questions were basic and they are mainly looking at your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none it was basically you take the starting pay and keep going.

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Buena Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Way too easy, should've been a sign to stay away. It was one on one. A lot of people dressed casual but they didn't get the job. Dress to impress is a real thing, dont wear jeans to an interview. They will ask you to tell them about yourself, how you heard of the position, why you want the job, and how you would benefit the company. It took them a few months after I applied for them to call for an interview, but after the interview I was working that same week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Took maybe 30 minutes. The manager asked typical interview questions and explained that they like to promote from within the company so some questions were geared towards what I would do if I were in a higher position. He then explained all the duties that would be expected of me (note: lots and lots of cleaning involved). He contacted me maybe 3 weeks later and told me I got the job. I then had to go in to fill out paperwork, was given a handbook to be studied and then tested on, & was asked my shirt size. The next step was orientation but I ended up not taking the position so I don't know how the handbook test was or anything like that. Process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experience bad customer service and what you would have done differently.   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you would do to keep the team working effeciently if you were the manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Savannah, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and inquired in person. I had an interview scheduled the next day. I was told after the interview they would make a decision at the end of the week and call me to let me know. I didn't hear anything so I went in the following week to follow up. They said they were working on the schedule and would call me that same day. I never received a call but the following day they set up day/times to train me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Ardmore, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, first I applied online and I got a call back from the manager about a week later. After the manager called to set up an interview, we had a one on one session. They ask you questions right off a sheet, very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Audubon, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I then received a call a day later I was asked to come in for a interview on Friday may 1st 2015. I believe I got this job because of my background of going to school for personal training and nutrition education. I came in a week before and asked if they were hiring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiations

Front Desk Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

I applied before the location I work at actually opened and was called for a phone interview about a week later. It lasted about half an hour and mostly involved questions about my customer service experience. After another week, I was contacted and asked to come in for an in-person interview with someone else. That one was even shorter, and then I took a tour of the gym. I was hired on the spot and started less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coolidge, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Coolidge, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online & called in to follow up on my application, I was told to call in repeatedly. I called in a few days later & was told there were open interviews that week. I came in & interviewed with two managers & was called back for a second interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell them a pen to demonstrate my ability to generate excitement over anything. I had to convey excitement & convince them to love the pen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (North Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview is 10 minutes long. Very nerve racking! The general and manager were both just there asking me questions. You just have to laugh it off and smile through it all as they give you a lot of scenarios. You have to think how you would deal and handle it if it would to ever happen to you.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation when you encountered a rude customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer