Planet Fitness General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planet Fitness General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Planet Fitness

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Shelby Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Shelby Township, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process is long and arduous. They really can cut most of those questions in the interview guide. Some questions are irrelevant to the job. Prepare for anything when going in.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you thought of leaving your current job and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Planet Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

phone interview, in person and then a group interview. They usually have you do some activity to show how you can think outside that box. sometime can have you ask about current bosses and how you would make changes. not too bad of and interview process but there is usually a follow up with one of the owners before you are hired.

Interview Questions

• how would you change and implement a policy for your staff?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

I interviewed with the franchise owners and the operations manager. The interview was fairly informal. My previous work experience was discussed. After meeting in person, I had an offer via phone within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any direct management experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Toledo, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I arrived and met with a rep. from Human Resources. She reviewed my resume and asked me details about my current position, why I was considering leaving my current employer. She also had me walk through a typical day with my current employer. Then she asked questions about my expectations of the job, then the interview questions. The interview was conducted in the open on the gym floor at one the tables - it was quite loud and at time difficult to hear.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: You know that several visitors from the regional office are expected to arrive at 10 am. You've also been informed that the men's locker area is in need of attention. You also need to deliver your deposit to the bank before 10 am. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect your typical day will be like? What will you do?   1 Answer
    • Which would concern you more? A drop in referral rates? Or a drop in daily visitors?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Pretty much your standard interview. The usual "role playing" how you would handle situations. Sat down with supervisor and training supervisor. That was a little different. Very little questioning on health and fitness which was a bit surprising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Group interview. Four of us, two of which were applying for completely different positions. They made it clear they were expecting quick turnover, and laughed it off frequently. All four hired on the spot, after answering maybe two laughable questions each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Syracuse, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Initial interview seemed to go very well. I had interviewed with a GM of another location, whom told me she was “absolutely sending me to the next step”. I was told it would be a week or less before they get in touch with me. Fast forward two weeks, and the manager whom conducted the initial interview is impossible to get ahold of, and does not return phone calls - I had to call their store three separate times over the course of 1 week just to finally get in touch with her. Absolutely atrocious experience; and speaks to the overall disorganization in their process.