Planet Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

1.8

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Took about a day. They must of needed someone to fill in soon. Went in for a in person interview. About a 20 minute interview. Interviewer was nice. Asked me about how I'd fit into the job and how I'd be able to handle the customers.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Gates, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (North Gates, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was simple. I asked to speak with the hiring manager who I previously spoke over the phone with. I was escorted to a sitting area and waited. I met with the assistant manager instead but it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How have I resolved a conflict with a fellow employee?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Phila, PA).

Interview

I currently have a 12 hours a week job and was just looking to add some more hours to my work week. I received a phone interview, soon after applying. The person interviewing sounded very unorganized and rushed and contiously said "Um....um".

I was asked only about my current job which had nothing to do with my qualifications. I listed a previous job I had at a Fitness Center for almost ten years, he never asked about that job which I am perfectly qualified for. That was a little disappointing.

Also, the job hours offered were for Part time positions which are only Saturday and Sundays. That's it. He said Full time is during the week. Doesn't sound right to me. Disappointed in my interview. Would have enjoyed working there if the hours were truly part time during the week.

Interview Questions

• Was only asked about current job, which had nothing to do with previous Fitness Center job mention on application.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Group interview. Four of us, two of which were applying for completely different positions. They made it clear they were expecting quick turnover, and laughed it off frequently. All four hired on the spot, after answering maybe two laughable questions each.

Overnight Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

The facility I interviewed at was brand new so they were looking to hire people quickly. I was asked the standard interview questions; tell them about yourself, interest in Planet Fitness, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Was offered the position the same day but this was due to the facility being just opened.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Planet Fitness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (New Albany, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Sent resume through indeed. Wouldn't let me do the second step of the process (the company application), went in and did paper application Thursday night, called today to check on application, manager called me back and i had phone interview today, have in person interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for the company?
      availability?
      what would your previous employers say about you?   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Applied online, got in person interview in 2 days, interview was rushed and seemed superficial. They spent a lot of time emphasizing how important cleaning was, said a area manager comes in with a literal white glove and just drags her hand around the whole gym to check for dust.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on Planet Fitness?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Very easy interview process. But for as big as this company is, the hours and pay are garbage for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! No wonder their turnover is so high. $12 an HR for Assistant Manager!?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • if you left a room, what are 5 things people in the room would say about you?   Answer Question
    • If someone didn't complete something you asked them to do the day before, how would you go about disciplining/reprimanding them?   Answer Question
    • How do you want new/existing customers to feel about coming here?   Answer Question
    • Questions about availability for schedule.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Wednesday night, received a call Thursday afternoon to come in for an interview the next day. I went, the general manager was very nice, very welcoming. She looked very young like my age (I'm 21). She had pages of questions prepared for the interview. Overall I think it really went well. She said she was going to call me in a week. Or email me by then. (Btw, it has only been 5 days)
    Anyways. I was looking at indeed today to find more jobs I could apply, I found it they have re-posted the job again. So I take that I didn't get the job then. It's a small place. I don't think they would need that much people. I have 2 years of customer service experience. I highly think my experiences from my past job is perfect and matches the qualifications they need. I wish they at least had the decency to call and told me they went with somebody else. But I'm still waiting for a call regardless.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. Phone interview and then In person meeting. The interview asked some pretty difficult questions but they were effective. Just make sure to be tough nosed and answer questions honestly and directly.