Planet Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process for me was pretty straight forward. They asked if I was certified and to see if I was willing to not personally train but to instruct people on how to use the equipment.

Negotiation

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Everett, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Didn't even interview. Was part of another gym that Planet Fitness bought. I think normally they do a formal interview with background and drug test, but I'm not sure. I think the process may take a week or longer to complete.

Interview Questions

• What would your former employer say about your attendance?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Suttle interview process. Took about a week. I walked in and Introduced myself to the GM, interviewed with the AM, then back to the GM, then to the Regional. Fun experience, nothing to complain about. Started immediately and got the chance for advancement fairly quickly. Over thought the toughness on the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Shelby Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Shelby Township, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process is long and arduous. They really can cut most of those questions in the interview guide. Some questions are irrelevant to the job. Prepare for anything when going in.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you thought of leaving your current job and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

phone interview, in person and then a group interview. They usually have you do some activity to show how you can think outside that box. sometime can have you ask about current bosses and how you would make changes. not too bad of and interview process but there is usually a follow up with one of the owners before you are hired.

Interview Questions

• how would you change and implement a policy for your staff?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

I interviewed with the franchise owners and the operations manager. The interview was fairly informal. My previous work experience was discussed. After meeting in person, I had an offer via phone within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any direct management experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Toledo, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I arrived and met with a rep. from Human Resources. She reviewed my resume and asked me details about my current position, why I was considering leaving my current employer. She also had me walk through a typical day with my current employer. Then she asked questions about my expectations of the job, then the interview questions. The interview was conducted in the open on the gym floor at one the tables - it was quite loud and at time difficult to hear.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: You know that several visitors from the regional office are expected to arrive at 10 am. You've also been informed that the men's locker area is in need of attention. You also need to deliver your deposit to the bank before 10 am. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect your typical day will be like? What will you do?   1 Answer
    • Which would concern you more? A drop in referral rates? Or a drop in daily visitors?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Pretty much your standard interview. The usual "role playing" how you would handle situations. Sat down with supervisor and training supervisor. That was a little different. Very little questioning on health and fitness which was a bit surprising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Group interview. Four of us, two of which were applying for completely different positions. They made it clear they were expecting quick turnover, and laughed it off frequently. All four hired on the spot, after answering maybe two laughable questions each.

General Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evergreen Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Evergreen Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The gym hadn't opened yet, they had a small booth set up to sell memberships before they opened. I did a Walk-In and dropped off my resume. I received a call the next day saying I got the job, I never received an interview.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult, I was hired on the spot and didn't have any problems getting the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Start, basic training.