Planet Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Springfield, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

One on one interview, was asked a series of questions pertaining to past experience in customer service and management. Was asked what I knew about the company and was given an overview of the companys' mission statement and philosophies.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Planet Fitness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

It was very simple and straight forward. I knew someone within the company and actually got an interview that way. I was initially brought in as a front desk associate and the "interview" for that was non-existent. I had to interview with upper-level management for the potential promotion and the interview was more like a test of what I had learned about Planet Fitness over the first few weeks of employment.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too crazy. It was all customer service based and about Planet Fitness operations in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get what they offer you, take it or leave it. I was in school and was just looking for something simple to get me through. There is no extra commission or bonus opportunities and the chances of advancing are slim to none

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Great Neck, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied on Indeed with an outstanding cover letter and within a week they asked me to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and assistant manager. it lasted 30 mins and they seemed to like me. They asked for references at the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you do that makes you standout from the others?
      How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshtemo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Oshtemo, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

When opening the doors to planet fitness, it felt right for me. I was comfortable. This is coming from someone who has never stepped in a PF before but the job description was right up my alley. I walked up to the desk and let the young woman know I was there for an interview. The man standing next to her said "oh yeah he is busy right now, but I will let him know you are here, please take a seat at one of the tables in the lobby". I thought, okay great! I sat there for 5 minuets. The man I had spoken with 5 minutes ago came and sat next to me. "Hi I am the GM, my names is (blank). To be honest I forgot his name! He was the one I was interviewing with. We had the interview in the lobby. It was so loud and obviously people were working out next to us. He asked me some pretty tough questions, I was so not ready. (This was my first interview after graduating college) I went over several questions/answers prior to this interview. But this interview caught me off guard. There were about 10+ questions but to be honest I don't remember all of them.

Interview Questions

Over the stuttering and shaking, he told me I wasn't cut out for the management position. Which, looking back, I know I didn't practice enough. I was a scared college grad hoping to get the first job I applied to. Silly huh? He offered me a front desk job and also a fitness training job. He said I would be a perfect fit for those particular positions. I wasn't looking for that. I do believe he was looking for young "pretty people" for the front desk and training programs. The staff was mainly young females. This particular process wasn't cut out for me. Ever since this interview I have not had an experience like this. This is just my experience and I hope whoever is reading this will be successful :) My advice is to be prepared and just go for it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview

Very easy interview process. But for as big as this company is, the hours and pay are garbage for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! No wonder their turnover is so high. $12 an HR for Assistant Manager!?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • if you left a room, what are 5 things people in the room would say about you?   Answer Question
    • If someone didn't complete something you asked them to do the day before, how would you go about disciplining/reprimanding them?   Answer Question
    • How do you want new/existing customers to feel about coming here?   Answer Question
    • Questions about availability for schedule.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Harrisonburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Wasn't hard at all. It was a group of me and 4 other girls. The assistant manager gave us a tour of the store and then asked us to find a piece of clothing that we liked and why we liked it. They we went into the back and talked about ourselves. Then we went back out front and had to fold clothes and she watched the way we folded them. Then we just talked about our personality some more. Super easy and non stressful!

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Manchester, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and simple. I went in somewhat nervous and it sounded like they wanted to hire me on the spot. They just had to do a background check before they could hire me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Planet Fitness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Told me what the hours would be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

you fill out the application, sit at a table with a manager/assistant or team captain for the interview, its fairly short and you might get the job on the spot

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with being on your feet for at least 8 hours?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Planet Fitness in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the RM and the GM was sitting to the side. I honestly thought their roles were vice versa, but I learned after my interview that it was the RM. He was calm, nice, and asked basic questions. Nothing that threw me off completely. He was focused on typing my answers on his Mac and reading the next questions so I realized we weren't making a lot of eye contact. The GM was just sitting and listening.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planet Fitness (Edison, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by one manager. Sat in front of members, so they heard the whole interview process. It took about 15 minutes and I was interviewed alongside another candidate. It was very relaxed, the interviewer was very interested in what we both had to say and were open to us asking questions. The interviewer was also really nice and told us that they would call us at the end of the day for an offer. We both got hired a few hours after our interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? How would you handle an upset member? What if a member said something inappropriate to you?   Answer Question