Planned Parenthood Clinic Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. I walked into my local Planned Parenthood with my resume in hand looking for a volunteer opportunity, and I was told to apply for a position online. The interview was very short, not more than 20 mins. Basic questions about health care experience, mission alignment, hours of availability.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was comfortable talking to clients about various topics related to sex (STIs, abortion, consent, safe sex practices, etc.) and giving professional, unbiased information to anyone that asks.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Planned Parenthood

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview and scheduled via email. The interview was with 3 people, managers and assistant managers, and was from a standardized interview form. The questions were standard, about addressing unhappy clients, conflict with coworkers, when you had made a mistake, your last successes at work, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Hayward, CA).

Interview

1st) apply online It was a long application
    2nd) person to person interview, bring resume you will refill out the online application
    3rd) phone interview, HR will call you to talk

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe yourself?
      2) How would you handle stress at work?
      3) If a co-worker was talking about another co-worker what would you do?
      4) what do you look for in a manager?
      5) How would you handle protesters?
      6) Why should we hire you and not an MA that is certified?
      7) What do you know about Planned Parenthood?
      8) Are you okay working with females? FYI I am male   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Showed up at the time of my interview only to be told that I needed to fill out another application. Thank god I had my resume with me or else I would have been screwed in regards to dates and phone numbers. I sat for another hour before being greeted and asked a series of questions that I wasn't too prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Why planned parenthood? How would you deal with conflict in the workplace? Can you deal with protestors? Biggest weakness and strength? What salary are you asking for (come prepared)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Hayward, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by an employee in the window who told me to fill out an application (which I had already filled out to get the interview) and that someone would call me in a bit. The interview time was supposed to be 11am, I arrived 15 mins early, and was called back at 11:30. The interview took only 7 mins as the hiring manager seemed uninterested and didn't actually ask any meaningful questions. She just read off of my new application as if she didn't bother looking at the previous one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Highlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (North Highlands, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took about a week or so after when I got a phone call. I had a 15 minute phone interview/ screening. Then I had an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where I current employee was talking negatively about a former employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Saint Cloud, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, direct supervisor interview, then week long orientation and a few in-clinic follow-up sessions. From the time I was interviewed to the moment I started was barely a month. They are quick. The interview was easy for me, but my manager was very welcoming and didn't care so much about your "skills" as she did for your drive and passion to better the community. The phone interview with HR was average.

Interview Questions

• What does your family have to say about you working for PP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Great process, fast, transparent. Three interviews, one phone interview and two in-person. Staff was kind and welcoming, and very honest about what to expect in the position. The only improvements I'd make would be speeding up the amount of time between the offer and start date. It took 2-3 weeks after accepting the position before I started.

Interview Questions

• They used pretty standard interview questions, but presented scenarios to gauge reaction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, but the benefits are excellent

Clinic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview..
    They cancelled the first day they were supposed to interview me. The second day called earlier.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward What doyou think about this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Portland, OR) in September 2009.

Interview

Asked about my commitment to Planned Parenthood and how I would deal with people who don;t share in the mission of the organization. Otherwise, typical questions. There is an extensive background check and HIPAA training process required.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to people who don;t necessarily agree with the mission of Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question