Planned Parenthood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regional Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

My initial interview went well but following I found out I got a lot of misinformation and was grossly mislead about the process. They were completely disorganized and it made for a horrible experience.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Interviewers were very kind and asked me how i would approach various situations as a medical assistant. I did not get the job as I think I was lacking hands on medical experience, but the interview process was very smooth and they even accommodated my interview because i had a conflict.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone who had an insurance policy with us before but no longer has the same insurance policy with us now?   Answer Question

Public Policy Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed first over the phone with a HR employee,which was pleasant enough. A week or so later I interviewed with two policy staffers. The interview was friendly and an enjoyable conversation. I didn't get the position but I would have preferred if they had sent me a quick courtesy email notifying me that they went with someone else instead of ghosting me.

Interview Questions

• Given your experience, what value do you add to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Telephone, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the telephone with HR. Very informal interview which basically focused on the role of PP and my view on the issues they face. The interviewer was clear about the fact that PP is a non-profit before asking about desired salary. This leads me to believe that they are less concerned about hiring the best candidate and more concerned with hiring the most economical. Big Red Flag!

Interview Questions

• How do you view Planned Parenthood's Role in women's health?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a very short phone interview, and then was brought in for a face to face interview a week later. It was pretty informal, but it was still a tough interview. I think I didn't get the job because I didn't have medical experience, and I was nervous.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

Almost a month long interview process including an HR interview, employer interview, then a full day of in-office interviews with various members of the team and an editorial test.

Interview Questions

• The editorial/writing test required both proofreading/editing and a synthesis of a longer more complex article.   Answer Question

Health Center Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2017.

Interview

I had worked for this company a few years before. The interview process was pretty similar this time around, except the initial response was much faster. I applied online, and received an email invitation for a phone interview about a week later. I ended up playing phone tag with HR for another week, which seemed a little strange since we had scheduled our conversation for a specific date and time. There were two separate days I waited all day for the phone call (scheduled for late morning), finally gave up around 5pm, then ended up with a voicemail from around 7pm. When I finally got a hold of HR, the phone interview was pretty pleasant. It was just re-answering questions from the online application almost verbatim. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later.
    The face-to-face interview was very intimidating, even though I knew what to expect. First, I spoke one-on-one with the HR director, which was very relaxed and conversational. After that, I was taken to a panel interview with the Regional Director and the managers of all four clinics in the area. There were five people asking me very detailed questions all at once, and no one smiled or laughed at all. One of the questions threw me a bit, and I must have given a weak answer because no one looked at me or showed any interest for the rest of the interview. I instantly felt like I was out of the running, but there was another 30mins of questions after that. I received an automated rejection email a month later, which seemed a little unnecessary. All in all, it was an exhausting and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• When you are explaining something to a patient, how do you know if you're being clear?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from your manager?   1 Answer
    • When was the last time you performed a veinupuncture? Do you remember how to do it?   1 Answer

Health Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email within a week or two. I set up a phone call with one of the "talent acquisition specialists" over email. Four days later, she called for the phone interview which was more of a conversation about my experiences. I had a hard time gauging how the interview went because I was very nervous. They did not contact me after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any customer service experience? How would you deal with a customer who was upset?   1 Answer
    • Healthcare is constantly changing. When was a time you have adapted to change in a workplace that is similar to this?   Answer Question
    • What was the most diverse customer base that you have worked with?   Answer Question

Health Care Assistant Interview

Interview

After I applied online through the Planned Parenthood recruiting center, I received a phone interview. I was told that I would hear back within several days, but I was never contacted again. The recruiter never responded to my request for an update.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you have adapted to a change in the workplace?   Answer Question

Community Health Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, about two weeks later I was scheduled for my initial interview. The initial interview consisted of a panel of three health educators, who asked about about my background in the field and situation based questions ( approximately a 30 minute interview).

A week later, I was called back for a second interview, which consisted of me presenting a health topic (any) and showing my presenting skills to the health educators. (approximately 20min presentation and 10 minutes for questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If a student asked you a personal question during your presentation, how would you respond?   Answer Question
    • If a teacher asked you to remove or limit a certain subject from your presentation, what you you do and say to the teacher?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been on a team where someone was not doing their job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question