Planned Parenthood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Health Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email within a week or two. I set up a phone call with one of the "talent acquisition specialists" over email. Four days later, she called for the phone interview which was more of a conversation about my experiences. I had a hard time gauging how the interview went because I was very nervous. They did not contact me after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any customer service experience? How would you deal with a customer who was upset?   1 Answer
    • Healthcare is constantly changing. When was a time you have adapted to change in a workplace that is similar to this?   Answer Question
    • What was the most diverse customer base that you have worked with?   Answer Question

Health Care Assistant Interview

Interview

After I applied online through the Planned Parenthood recruiting center, I received a phone interview. I was told that I would hear back within several days, but I was never contacted again. The recruiter never responded to my request for an update.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you have adapted to a change in the workplace?   Answer Question

Community Health Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, about two weeks later I was scheduled for my initial interview. The initial interview consisted of a panel of three health educators, who asked about about my background in the field and situation based questions ( approximately a 30 minute interview).

A week later, I was called back for a second interview, which consisted of me presenting a health topic (any) and showing my presenting skills to the health educators. (approximately 20min presentation and 10 minutes for questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If a student asked you a personal question during your presentation, how would you respond?   Answer Question
    • If a teacher asked you to remove or limit a certain subject from your presentation, what you you do and say to the teacher?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been on a team where someone was not doing their job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Field Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Charleston, WV) in August 2016.

Interview

Very casual and informal. The conversation lasted maybe 10 minutes. The recruiter was very polite and easy to talk to. She told me she would take notes and to feel free to stop and ask questions. She thanked me multiple times for sharing with her. She asked maybe 4-5 basic questions and told me she would get back with me in about a week and never did.

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Merced, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview, it was fairly straight forward. There was the basic interview questions and just wanted me to further explain my resume. I applied online and then I waited for about 3 weeks before I received an email that I have been chosen for a phone interview. Once I had the phone interview I was contacted by email letting me know that I was not moving on to the next round.

HCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Did a phone interview first, then interviewed at the clinic with 2 people. The human resource lady was late to the interview and dressed in shorts. The other woman, who I think was running the clinic, seemed to have no idea what was going on. HR lady mentioned they don't bother drug testing, since everyone uses something! It was a bonkers in person interview, couldn't imagine actually working with those people.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions: experience, how do you handle difficult situations, are you comfortable with you paycheck partially being funded by abortion, etc.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening then 1 week later they invited me for an in-person group interview, there they asked the basic questions "tell me about yourself" then they went on to ask situational questions, really basic things like " describe a time a doctor gave you negative feedback" "how do you act in stressful situations" "describe a time you had to do multiple tasks at once" there were 4 interviewers, and they were all pretty laid back, it was more of a discussion than the typical interview to me. Still waiting on a call back lol *fingers crossed*

Clinical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Orange, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application through the company's proprietary website (rather than the national website). I was scheduled to have a phone interview about 1 month later. I interviewed with the person I would be directly reporting to.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you would help manage Clinician Turnover?   1 Answer

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

This was by far one of the most bizarre interviews that I have ever had.

It began with scheduling a phone interview. I was contacted by phone and we set up a time to chat. When that time came and when I was concerned that I had made a huge mistake. The HR person who I spoke to only gave me her name, no direct line or email. Through a google search, I was finally able to get her contact info, but not before I also found picture of her in simply clothes promoting her budding singing career.

She called me back in a few days and we scheduled another time for the interview. But again, the time came and still no call. I gave her some time, but about 15 minutes later I decided to call her. I only got voicemail.

Again, almost a week later she finally called me back and we had the phone interview then instead of trying to schedule it. I was then invited in for an in-person interview.

When I came in I parked on the street. I'm familiar with the neighborhood that this office is located in and was glad to find a spot near the front door since it's a somewhat shady part of town.

After I got in, I was given some paperwork and left in a small interview room o complete it. She told me that she would return with the 2 ladies that I would be interviewing with after about 10-15 minutes giving me plenty of time to complete the application and other paperwork. Then, 15, 20 minutes passed... No one showed up. I was in a somewhat empty part of the building and without a visitors badge or anything else and I didn't want to get lost or locked out or taken down by a security guard, so I only stepped slightly outside of the room and tried to see if I could call out to get anyone's attention. I couldn't. So I went back into the room and waited. Thirty minutes, 35, 40...

At 45 minutes I had had enough. I was after all going to need to feed the meter soon. Left with no other choice, I called the HR representative from my cell phone and let her know that no one had come down yet. Ten minutes later they finally showed up.

The interview was pretty standard after that. Although, when she asked if I had any questions, I inquired as to whether they had ever had security problems. Given that their organization often has protesters and they aren't exactly in a great neighborhood (I could see a dilapidated vacant building from the window of the interview room) I didn't think this question was unreasonable. The hiring manager actually laughed at me as if I were being silly.

Needless to say, I did not pursue the position any further. Although I do know they reached out to my references.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with Excel pivot reports?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen to ascertain background, hard skills and salary range. Was asked something like how does your experience qualify you for this position? Was asked what salary are you looking for? Panel interview to ascertain commitment to organization and behavioral questions to ascertain soft skills and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question