Planned Parenthood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.6

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a very short phone interview, and then was brought in for a face to face interview a week later. It was pretty informal, but it was still a tough interview. I think I didn't get the job because I didn't have medical experience, and I was nervous.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

Almost a month long interview process including an HR interview, employer interview, then a full day of in-office interviews with various members of the team and an editorial test.

Interview Questions

• The editorial/writing test required both proofreading/editing and a synthesis of a longer more complex article.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2017.

Interview

They called me two weeks after I applied online. After the interview she told me I would get an email to attend an orientation in 3 weeks. She explained different volunteer departments and asked which one I would prefer. she asked me my availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What do you want to get out of volunteering for Planned Parenthood   1 Answer
    • What customer service skills do you have from past volunteering and work experience?   Answer Question
    • If someone told you planned Parenthood only does abortions what would you say?   Answer Question

Health Center Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2017.

Interview

I had worked for this company a few years before. The interview process was pretty similar this time around, except the initial response was much faster. I applied online, and received an email invitation for a phone interview about a week later. I ended up playing phone tag with HR for another week, which seemed a little strange since we had scheduled our conversation for a specific date and time. There were two separate days I waited all day for the phone call (scheduled for late morning), finally gave up around 5pm, then ended up with a voicemail from around 7pm. When I finally got a hold of HR, the phone interview was pretty pleasant. It was just re-answering questions from the online application almost verbatim. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later.
    The face-to-face interview was very intimidating, even though I knew what to expect. First, I spoke one-on-one with the HR director, which was very relaxed and conversational. After that, I was taken to a panel interview with the Regional Director and the managers of all four clinics in the area. There were five people asking me very detailed questions all at once, and no one smiled or laughed at all. One of the questions threw me a bit, and I must have given a weak answer because no one looked at me or showed any interest for the rest of the interview. I instantly felt like I was out of the running, but there was another 30mins of questions after that. I received an automated rejection email a month later, which seemed a little unnecessary. All in all, it was an exhausting and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• When you are explaining something to a patient, how do you know if you're being clear?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from your manager?   1 Answer
    • When was the last time you performed a veinupuncture? Do you remember how to do it?   1 Answer

Health Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Received a call to come in for an interview. The interview was with two of the center managers with PPMW. Then I had the opportunity to be interviewed by staff members who i'd directly be working with as well. Which was very nice, and eased my mind.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working for a company that provides abortion services?   2 Answers

Reproductive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Waukesha, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

The in person interview was scenario type interview questions, like- "if this situation were to happen give me a real life example from your own experience at a job and give me the solution". There were 6 questions. It took the manager two weeks to get back to me offering me the position. She interviewed 4 girls and she said the background checks take a while to process. I had 48 hours to take my pre employment screening which consisted of a TB test and a urinalysis drug screen. The drug screen is not instant they send it to a lab. That took an additional 4 days to get back to me. I dont start training for another month which is fine in my situation. The only complaint is how long it has taken its just given me some anxiety but everything went smoothly and im looking forward to start

Interview Questions

• name a time you encountered a difficult customer and how you went about dealing with them?   Answer Question

Health Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email within a week or two. I set up a phone call with one of the "talent acquisition specialists" over email. Four days later, she called for the phone interview which was more of a conversation about my experiences. I had a hard time gauging how the interview went because I was very nervous. They did not contact me after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any customer service experience? How would you deal with a customer who was upset?   1 Answer
    • Healthcare is constantly changing. When was a time you have adapted to change in a workplace that is similar to this?   Answer Question
    • What was the most diverse customer base that you have worked with?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

Very laid back process. I met with the team first and they went over their roles and what the organization means to them. They simply asked me about my personality and what do I think about PPFA. I met with HR afterwards and she asked more questions regarding my experience and why do I want to work here.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later for a phone interview. An hour later I received another call for a quick phone interview and to schedule an in person interview. After that interview I was offered the job.

Clinic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. I walked into my local Planned Parenthood with my resume in hand looking for a volunteer opportunity, and I was told to apply for a position online. The interview was very short, not more than 20 mins. Basic questions about health care experience, mission alignment, hours of availability.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was comfortable talking to clients about various topics related to sex (STIs, abortion, consent, safe sex practices, etc.) and giving professional, unbiased information to anyone that asks.   Answer Question