Planned Parenthood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planned Parenthood Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

Health Center Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2017.

Interview

I had worked for this company a few years before. The interview process was pretty similar this time around, except the initial response was much faster. I applied online, and received an email invitation for a phone interview about a week later. I ended up playing phone tag with HR for another week, which seemed a little strange since we had scheduled our conversation for a specific date and time. There were two separate days I waited all day for the phone call (scheduled for late morning), finally gave up around 5pm, then ended up with a voicemail from around 7pm. When I finally got a hold of HR, the phone interview was pretty pleasant. It was just re-answering questions from the online application almost verbatim. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later.
    The face-to-face interview was very intimidating, even though I knew what to expect. First, I spoke one-on-one with the HR director, which was very relaxed and conversational. After that, I was taken to a panel interview with the Regional Director and the managers of all four clinics in the area. There were five people asking me very detailed questions all at once, and no one smiled or laughed at all. One of the questions threw me a bit, and I must have given a weak answer because no one looked at me or showed any interest for the rest of the interview. I instantly felt like I was out of the running, but there was another 30mins of questions after that. I received an automated rejection email a month later, which seemed a little unnecessary. All in all, it was an exhausting and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• When you are explaining something to a patient, how do you know if you're being clear?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from your manager?   1 Answer
    • When was the last time you performed a veinupuncture? Do you remember how to do it?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a very short phone interview, and then was brought in for a face to face interview a week later. It was pretty informal, but it was still a tough interview. I think I didn't get the job because I didn't have medical experience, and I was nervous.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

Almost a month long interview process including an HR interview, employer interview, then a full day of in-office interviews with various members of the team and an editorial test.

Interview Questions

• The editorial/writing test required both proofreading/editing and a synthesis of a longer more complex article.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple. Went through a couple different rounds of interviewing. Was happy to see the passion. There were several different people interviewing. It seemed like there was a really good group of people who are passionate about women's rights.

Community Outreach Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Three week process, two interviews (one phone, one in-person). Super friendly, great atmosphere, and helpful HR person. Both included multiple program directors from different regions and cities. The second in-person interview included presenting a class to approximately five teens.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with sexual health education for teens?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

So there is two parts of this interview one of them the recruiter will give you a call. as soon as you pass the phone call interview you'll Set up a different appointment for a group interview so you will be competing with other medical assistants

Interview Questions

• How many abortions can a women have?
       What would you do if you have an upset patient?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They really don't like to think all shady negotiate gross pay

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen to ascertain background, hard skills and salary range. Was asked something like how does your experience qualify you for this position? Was asked what salary are you looking for? Panel interview to ascertain commitment to organization and behavioral questions to ascertain soft skills and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Regional Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

I submitted my resume online for this position, and had practically forgotten about it nearly a month later when I got a screening call from someone in HR. She had the basic questions for me (i.e. "Why are you interested in this position," etc.) and said that she would be passing along my answers to the hiring manager. A couple weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to set up an in-person interview for the following day. We ended up talking for about 90 minutes and it was stated that the hiring process would be very quick, but almost three weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I HOPE it's a place that would notify you either way.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most difficult decision you've had to make when working on a campaign?"   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Why do you want to work here

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Buffalo, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied on 04/23/2013. First contact was made 5/6/2013. I immediately returned the call and left a voicemail. I didn't receive a call back. I called and left two more messages and gave up after the third unanswered message I left. Got a call on 5/30 to set up interview

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handled when you witnessed another nurse break corporate compliance or policy.   1 Answer