Plastipak Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.7

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (Garland, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

2 members of HR in a small office having more of a conversation, rather than a hard hitting interview. Actually a very different "get to know you" time more so than a "where do you see yourself in 5 years". I liked it very much, more companies need to take this approach rather than the "grill you" approach.

Interview Questions

• Mechanical experience, former jobs and duties. Most questions were asked by myself rather than the HR member. I found this to be beneficial in making me comfortable on my first day,   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings.

Interview

You have a pulse? You just got out of prison for murder? You have no life skills? You've never worked before? No one else will hire you? Great, we'll squeeze the life out of you in no time. You're hired.

Interview Questions

• How will you react when your team leads put alot of pressure on you?   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (Garland, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

There were two guys sitting there asking me a bunch of questions. Duh. Why do I need to fill this out. I'm looking for a job. I'm not trying to interview anybody. I'm trying to get to an interview and you holding me up with this.

Production Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings.

Interview

Took a test which included all mechanical and hydraulic aptitude tests then interviewed with several different people. Was told someone would be contacting me to no avail. Supposedly it's about who you know rather than aptitude and credentials. Possibly a blessing in disguise...I only hear negative things about working there from others.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a disagreement and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the facility manager and shift supervisor. Well, both of those men stated that they had numerous positions and jobs within the company. I immediately got the impression that the company was trying to squeeze a dime out of a penny (overworking and under compensating it's employees). I was told that I would have to apply through a temp agency (this is after they called ME to come in for an interview). I was told it pays $12 per hour, you work 12 hour shifts. One week you will work 3 days, next week you will work 4 days. Every 6 months you switch to the opposite shift (nights to days, days to nights). Also, as a material handler, you will be doing shipping, receiving, inventory, put away, and driving a forklift.

Interview Questions

Once again, I feel this company over works and under compensates it's employees.

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (Pineville, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Long wait, I was on time but waited for over 30 minutes before I actually sat down and talked to someone, they seemed very disorganized, even once I got inside the door I found myself still waiting to get to talk to someone once again very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• If I had a shift preference, but then it seemed like I was criticized when I said days (who wouldn't have said day???).   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Longmeadow, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (East Longmeadow, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

First there was a 45m phone interview, then 2 days later there was a 3 1/2H sit down interview with the manager the assistant manager Human Resource rep safety manager and the Training Manager. Mainly asking and re wording the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were ever in a situation where an associate was being rude or obnoxious how would you handle it? What life experiences did you have that can help you with the situation at hand? How would you ensure that this does not occur again?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (Champaign, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

quick there were step 2 interviews 1 with human resource an than 2nd with the supervisor over your department. he discuss my test an let me know what my job responsiblities was an making sure i run the line an give ulilties instruction an quality check.

Interview Questions

• What would i do in certain situation an how did i handle it.   1 Answer
    • what would i do if differently compare to the jobs i work at   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

First interview was simple but took several hours due to two individuals being late. As in they left me in a conference room for over 90 minutes combined. Not a great experience. They ultimately offered me the job but I knew their culture was a bad fit for me.

Interview Questions

The culture there was not a good fit for me. Office was drab and cluttered with bad lighting. Except for the recruiters, the people I interviewed with (5 total including 2 recruiters) didn't seem like they enjoyed their jobs. One of the recruiters that worked with was very pushy. The other was very sweet but resigned not long after I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Plastipak Holdings (Westland, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

It was simple. I interviewed with 2 people asking typically behavior questions. Then had to take a short quiz about my basic knowledge of technical stuff, it doesn't matter a whole lot if you don't do good. I got a tour of the facility after which was interesting. I heard back about a week later saying they wanted to offer me a position. Just show up in nice clothes, doesn't need to be a suit, and don't make a fool out of yourself. It's pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer