Play It Again Sports Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Play It Again Sports

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports (Madison, WI).

Interview

This was a very easy interview, as the location I applied for was desperate for help. The interview questions asked were basic. I felt very little pressure and got the job after a single one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Play It Again Sports

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point. It was a very laid back process. I fortunately was lucky the day I had asked about the job, I was unbeknownst to me I was asking the District Manager. He never revealed his position to me as the District Manager. During our conversation we had discovered we had a lot in common and that I did have a vast knowledge about sports. Therefore the interview wasn't really an interview it was more of an introduction. Without knowing I was talking to the District Manager I displayed that I was able to talk to people and knew sports.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based, in regards of knowing sporting equipment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports (Greenville, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

There was not much of an interview. I submitted my application and was called into the store for an interview about 3 weeks later. The interview resulted in the manager just talking about the job requirements and things that happen in the store on a daily basis. There were very few questions directed at me.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions other than, "Do you have any sales experience?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports (Framingham, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed about athletic background and equipment knowledge along with a test run to make sure I was friendly with customers. They also test your ability to repair and assist in maintaining equipment. Don't Lie!

Interview Questions

• How would you go about helping a beginner understand what a baseball glove was?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports (Toledo, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Simple printed-off application online in which was handed in personally. Called back about the job a week later and an interview was scheduled. Was then given a two week "trial period" to insure that the necessary tasks of the job could be fulfilled. These tasks included mostly merchandising of the store and also the aspect of customer service.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had any experience in retail, and am I able to approach/talk to customers to identify their each and every need.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports (Pasadena, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of typical interview questions regarding my experience and qualifications for a Sales Associate position. I had to demonstrate my ability to interact with customers. Something unique to the position was the employer's interest in my athletic experiences. He wanted to know about my specialization in soccer and softball so he could understand where my passions were.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports.

Interview

Was referred to this company by a friend. Owner requested me to speak with him after submitting my application for employment a few days prior. Computer Knowledge, having skills communicating with customers/co-workers is essential for this job. In a "interview" of almost 10 minutes I was told to begin my work!

Interview Questions

• How would you add extra value to the customers transaction (Will be hard to answer with no past sales experience!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

My employment

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy, few questions and was called back the following day and started two days later. Advise would be to go in and grab an application and ask to talk with the manager and tell her what you are looking for, being friendly and upfront and sometimes you will be able to interview on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Play It Again Sports in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple and quick. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of basic interview questions and some questions about sporting goods knowledge.