Play n Trade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Play n Trade

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Play n Trade (Huntington, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Asked if I liked video games. I had to talk with an employee and manager at the same time. They liked the fact that I was a female and the games that I played. I was asked about my skills towards organization and customer service was. Overall I was immediately hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Play n Trade (Cicero, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the general manager, and interviewed with the owner of the store (franchised). They asked questions and were pretty laid back about the entire process. They'll run down what the responsibilities are and what is expected on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Retail experience?
      If so, how many years?
      How would you close a sale and would you be comfortable approaching customers?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Play n Trade (Marlton, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process starts by posting on the Play N Trade facebook's forum, where you had to write a paragraph about yourself. If they liked you (after also checking your facebook) they sent you a facebook message asking you to come in and apply. I came in and applied and chatted with one of the workers. He called the manager, and the manager interviewed me on the spot. I was called into a second interview by the assistant manager. After interviewing with him, he offered me the job. The questions I was asked were primarily about video games and my knowledge of them, as well as some customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite boss [like]? (They asked me this regarding both a video game 'boss' and a boss from work)   Answer Question
    • If a parent came in wanting to buy this game [Dragon Age] for their 12 year old, what would you tell them about it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiation. They pay you what they wanna pay you. If you are just a part time teen, they will pay you around minimum wage, maybe a little higher if you are going to be Mario, because they know that sucks. If you are a manager/key holder, they pay you more. Keep in mind there is opportunity for commission, as well as tips if you happen to do birthday parties.