Cover image for PlayStation

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

PlayStation Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 426 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation in Sep 2021

Interview

Direct phone interview without OA. Get the appointment email after one week of submitting the application, and the email is sent on the Monday of the week where an interview can be scheduled. Being rejected after one week of finishing the interview.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer is the team leader. First introduced their group. Ask the language I like and then some questions about it(C++), including C++17 features, memory allocation, .etc Ask some questions about my resume. Ask if I have any question for them.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation

Interview

There are two interviews in total. The first one (1h) is with two junior engineers. They asked a coding question and some other questions on data structures. The second one (1.5h) is with the whole team. A harder coding question and other technical questions related to what the team is working on.

Interview Questions
  • Describe hash map. When should use them. How to resolve conflictions.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Machida, Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at PlayStation (Machida, Tokyo) in Nov 2020

Interview

First resume screening and about 2-3 weeks later they will invite you to solve online coding interview. If you can pass the coding challenge then you will have technical interview followed by final interview .

Interview Questions
  • Why playstation and what do you want to achieve during this internship.

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation

Interview

Very straight forward process. Talked about myself and experience and did a coding test. The phone interview was kinda long. Then we talked bout what we are gonna do on the 30 for another 45 minutes. Then I talked to their manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation

Interview

Pretty straight forward coding questions, which are easily answered using simple data structures. In addition there was some technology related questions and screening. I had 4 rounds, 2 coding, 1 situational question and some technology related talk with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation

Interview

Had a 1-hour phone interview with a software engineer. Though it was difficult to understand the interviewer's pronunciation at times, the interview was trying to help out throughout the interview and the general experience of interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Question about optimally storing very long URLs in a file and removing duplicates.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Phone interview starting with introducing yourself, what interests you about playstation, and then some object oriented questions then onsite interview where there were three on site interviews with whiteboard coding in java

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Diego, CA)

Interview

The manager asked me about my resume and several behavior questions. He also asked some general technical questions regarding the position, such as JavaScript and SQL. He was really friendly , as I was stuck in one of the questions about JavaScript. He said it was okay and explained me how to approach the question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Popular Careers with PlayStation Job Seekers