PlayStation Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PlayStation Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at PlayStation

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (Foster City, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interviewers and recruiters were really nice. However, they didn't respond to my follow up emails.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PlayStation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PlayStation (Foster City, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

If you want to be considered by SCEA, you have to be a VERY proactive job hunter. A resume through the board won't get you noticed. Contact a human being and be persistent. Otherwise, you won't get pass this stage. Persistence pays at every stage of the interview. Call or email after each stage if you haven't heard back from them.
    The process at SCEA is very standard. You first get a call from the HR person to schedule a phone interview. A recruiter will call you then to ask you the standard behavioral questions about your background, make sure you might be a good fit for the company and clarify anything that might be confusing about your resume/cover letter. This interview might be an hour long.
    If you pass this stage, you will get another call to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. They will call as scheduled to ask questions related to the position, your professional skills, your background and the typical "tell me of a time when..." to evaluate your capabilities based on your experience.
    If you pass this stage, you will get another call to schedule a personal interview. They pay for travel and lodging, if necessary.
    During this personal interview, you will meet with many people and the interviews are as diverse as the interviewers. You will get case questions, behavioral questions, skills evaluations and personal rapport questions. It is long and exhausting, but nobody is there to kill you. Quite the opposite, they really want to make sure you will fit with the team.
    They were very prompt and call me within the same week with an answer: in my case, I didn't get the job, but they were kind enough to detailed all the reason why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• I got a business case question for one of their products. They asked me what strategy I would use to launch it.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

Their recruiters could be a little more responsive, helpful, and not set me up for failure. One of their recruiters offered me an interview and I responded right away, asking if it was a contract position. No response. I found out during the interview that it was. Had I known, I might not have gone through with the interview. Another one of their recruiters contacted me for a followup interview and told me to come on site. And then told me to call in instead. I said I was already going to be there for another interview, so should I come in anyway? He said he'll check with the team. No response. I called him. No response. I emailed him. No response. So I waited for their call for an hour. Nothing. I emailed the team to see what happened and they said they were told that I was coming in. I never received confirmation while they thought I flaked on the interview. The team apologized on his behalf. I never heard from him.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PlayStation in March 2012.

Interview

This was the worst experience I've had over a 20 year career. There was an extremely superficial 20 minute phone interview, where the recruiter wasn't able to answer some key questions about the role. I was flown in for a round of in-person interviews. Two of the three interviewers showed up more than 30 minutes late. After a total of 45 minutes of actual interview time, the interview rounds were stopped because my skill set didn't match what they were looking for. I can understand that, but I really don't understand why no one on the interview panel bothered to read my resume before I got on a plane. There's no way that three people with 15 minutes each could have found anything else problematic. If you have to interview with Sony, my advice is to insist that you have a phone call with the hiring manager or a reasonable proxy before you clear your calendar and get on a plane. But my take is that accepting a job at Sony is not a wise move at this time, because the marketing team isn't taking the time to clearly communicate (ironic!) and they're not treating people with common courtesy.