Cover image for PlayStation

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

PlayStation Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 427 interviews

Interviews at PlayStation

Positive25%
Negative50%
Neutral25%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation in Mar 2022

Interview

I was invited to interview for a Sr. PM role working from the San Diego office. Everything you read is correct. The recruiting team is very unresponsive and will ghost you with zero notice. They do not respond to emails and will not get back to you. Overall painted a very negative picture of PlayStation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself/ professional background?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I interviewed at PlayStation (San Mateo, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Interviewing at Sony Playstation was the most horrible interview experience I've ever had. It started with a recruiter getting in touch that he wanted to chat about the opening giving me two time options: one in two hours, the other the next day. We agreed on the next day when I ended up waiting for him for 30 mins before sending a mail checking whether the interview was happening or not. 15 mins later he replied he can't reach my phone (it was on, right next to me and I did give him a correct number). We agreed to speak in two days' time instead. Two days later, he didn't show up (again) and didn't even respond to my mail if I should still wait or not. I sent another mail a couple of days later checking if the job is filled or if I should still count with a chat, which has been ignored. I consider this kind of behavior absolutely unacceptable! With so much competition in the Bay Area, I wonder how Sony plans to attract talent when recruiters treat candidates this way...

5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (New York, NY) in Dec 2016

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Followed up skype interviews and on-site interviews that went through background, how you deal with others and what you think about the technology. Followed by a presentation you have to create prior to the on-site interview to present during the interviews (yes multiple times).

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Mateo, CA) in Jul 2015

Interview

The people I interacted with very nice and smart people. There was a lot of respect shown to me as an outsider. At the same time, they were very transparent about the nature of their work and the experiences they were working on. The team seemed to have a very mature grasp on what their core work in the future will entail. Interview questions were more or less the same as you would get at any competitive product team. It was very obvious from these guys that they were more focused on the right cultural fit above anything else. They all seemed fairly busy when I visited them onsite + I didn't get to meet either of the directors because of their travel plans. They still took a good chunk of time to get to know me. - Recruiter reached out over email to gather info + expectations - Phone screening with hiring manager - On-site interview with product management leads + 2 directors. Includes presentation - Phone interview with Sr. PM - Phone interview with Director - Decision

Interview Questions
  • What is your process in understanding if an idea is a good feature and how would you ship it?
4 people found this interview helpful