KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

PlayStation Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 416 interviews

In Person17%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

PlayStation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation in Feb 2021

Interview

Initial HR round, followed by interview with 2 hiring managers. HR pushed to do technical interview within 24 hours. After technical interview, I was notified that have been shortlisted for onsite, will let me know when other candidates interviewed. Its been a month since that feedback, and haven't heard back, HR says Hiring Manager still interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Basic algorithm and data structure questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017

Interview

Good experience over all. Accurate questions related to your field of experience and to the job you are applying for. Interviewers are very friendly and make you feel comfortable and perform the best you can during the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Many coding and problem solving questions. Quite challenging but doable if you prepare well. I found the interview exciting and I really enjoyed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

5 rounds, 4 for coding, 1 for behavioral. Coding test is simple though I didn't get this offer, should be careful they are very sensitive with performance, like saving bytes, avoiding delay. What's ridiculous is they didn't reimburse the trip expense to save money I guess. So there are risks when they invite you to fly to the office.

Interview Questions
  • read4, hashing, garbage collector design, busy waiting for full command queue etc.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Mateo, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

Position was a 6 month contract to hire. Phone screen by hiring manager then 2 hour on-site interview with team. Phone screen and on site, in my opinion, went well. Because white board session was interrupted they sent me home and invited me to complete codility exercise. I declined as not excited about working in C++.

Interview Questions
  • Write on white board, in C++, function to find a string in a string, the strstr() function.